Dobutamine AdviceRegister Today!
- by ellekunk Apr 14, '11Hi all! I'm a new nurse and doing a report on Dobutamine for my unit. I need some "words of wisdom" on anything related to administering Dobutamine from experienced nurses. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
- 2,298 Views
- Apr 16, '11 by BiffbradfordThat seems like too general of a question to answer, really. Words of wisdom? Don't mistake Dobutamine for Dopamine.
- Apr 20, '11 by michellehoongin my unit Dobutamine we will use 250mg and dituled to 50mls normal saline and give infusion to pt
- Apr 21, '11 by pawashrndobutamine is great for unloading a pt. with CHF. pts. do come to the hospital for Dobutamine therapy every couple days or so to help increase the contractility of the heart and therefore improve systemic functioning of the circular system and thereby decreasing or preventing CHF emergencies
- Apr 21, '11 by angle85Dobutamine where given almost for CHF
patient on lasix (furosemide) IV with dobutamine is Incompatible at y-site IV infusion
- May 6, '11 by matthewrn03Dobutrex is commonly ordered for augmenting or increasing a patients cardiac index. If you don't have any method for determining the C.I.(such as a Swan or continous cardiac output monitor) then you could use the patients MAP. this can be tricky though and ideally you want some way of monitoring SVR, if you are going to titrate a dobutrex drip