HELP! Job offer from Mckesson (disease management) - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 29, '12 by cynthiamcHi angel337,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I was not offered the job. They were looking for bilingual staff it seems (although this wasn't implied in the beginning). Maybe I need to invest in some Rosetta Stone .
- Mar 2, '12 by angel337try bcbs or humana they have case management and dm jobs and will train you.
- Mar 2, '12 by pshs_2000I'm glad this thread has gained a little traction. I hope other users find it helpful. I'm still a dm newbie but I've learned alot.
- Mar 24, '12 by Copper4I think I am late here. I worked for a managed care company doing disease management, as with everything there was both good and bad. I have always enjoyed the patient teaching aspect of nursing, so that was a positive, especially if an eager client. Down side is that job performance was completely based on the quantity of calls, and there was an expectation, unfortunately calls out, did not equal calls made, the person has to answer the phone. I worked in heart disease, so many of the calls were made to people who were working, therefore evening calls were necessary. My primary gripe was with the quotas, at that time the goal was 10-15 calls a day.
- Jan 10 by shaip70so can you tell me about your position with disease mgmt...thanks
- Jan 10 by shaip70can you tell me about your position in disease mgmt...thnks