i am trying to get my foot in the door as a ur or case management nurse without success. is there any way someone can critique my resume and let me know what it needs? please help, i have been without a job for over 6 months.
dedicated, accomplished, and patient-focused registered nurse with diverse nursing experience including dialysis, long term care, case management, home care, improving quality and utilization management programs. commended for strong organizational agility and multi-tasking skills while working in high-stress, fast-paced situations.
ø knowledgeable of current medicare regulations, standards/reimbursement requirements, and standards related to quality improvement, case management, community outreach, and managed care.
ø solid administrativeand referral experience including admissions, assessments, treatments, referrals, and education for a broad range of patients/residents.
ø committed to continuing education through comprehensive training and more than three years experience as a registered nurse in the medicare department.
ø self-motivated with a commitment to providing quality nursing care with patients; administering medication, providing routine treatments, and handling day-to-day analysis and intervention.
ø comfortable using a variety of computer programs and applications including ms office suite 2007.
summary of qualifications
xxxx memorial hospital - xxxx, xx
medical surgical nurse 2009 - xxxx
assigned to provide patient care for patients. key team member for admittance and discharge of patients. perform clinical tasks according to hospital policies. assess patient conditions and advise of changes in status. monitor and maintain patient charts. prepare equipment and assist physician during patient exams and treatments. assisted patient with pre and post operative care. educate patients and family members in health care prevention and treatment.
golden living center—xxxx, xx
r.n. medicare nurse/pps/mds/quality assurance/care plan coordinator xxxx - 2008
xxxx, r.n. page2
managed and evaluated all clinical documentation for medicare and all third party related medicare payers. worked in cooperation with managers, clinicians, patient / resident accounts and clerical staff to ensure quality documentation.
· led multidisciplinary team in provisioning of quality, comprehensive care to long-term care residents and their families.
· coordinated, performed, and documented comprehensive mds/pps assessments of all residents including the input of mds, documentation of initial individualized care plans, and enforcement of implementation of care plans.
· entrusted to act as on-call supervisor for facility needs including troubleshooting, directing resident needs, family issues, and staffing problems.
· structured focus on quality indicators and strong involvement in quality care and wellness of the residents.
· staff education and tracking trends, analyzing, planning, implementing and follow through of care issues and unavoidable qm issues.
· took part in determination of resident eligibility based on their age, need and financial stability.
recognized for conscientious attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to work independently and professional attitude.
licensed practical nurse
vocational technical school, xxxxx, xx
associate of science in nursing
university of xxxx, xxxx, xx
bachelor of science in education
university of xx, xxx, xx
r.n., charge nurse xxxx—2005
managed all aspects of r.n. services for geriatric patients, including interviewing and documenting patient histories, maintaining and updating medication lists, and coordinating healthcare services. communicated all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician. implemented patient care plans to assist patients and families in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
· supervised a staff of cnas, exercising strong team leadership skills in areas of assignment delegation, scheduling, and patient relations.
· performed employee evaluations and conducted quality improvement initiatives.
· awarded highest scores possible on annual evaluations, leading to compensation increases year over year.
· repeatedly commended by residents and supervisors for outstanding quality of care.
· preceptor to new hires, working with students and giving in-service presentations.
· as resident advocate, worked collaboratively with medical staff and auxiliary personnel to address concerns
renal care group, xxx, xx
r.n., charge nurse1990—xxxx
performed routine operations of dialysate systems as well as initial clinical assessment of patients. facilitated the ongoing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care, including the initiation of dialysis and the monitoring of patients while on dialysis.
· observed and questioned patients to determine stability before, during, and following medical procedures.
· collaborated with team of nurses to deliver dialysis treatments and followed established protocol to provide infection control measures.
· analyzed patient data including lab work and made recommendations to the physician for patient care.
· cpr certified through american heart association.
· basic cardiac monitoring