Cardizem drip?Register Today!
- by FirstLadyRN Sep 25, '12When a MD says to wean cardizem; at what increment do you do so?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=788529©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,436 Views
- Sep 25, '12 by MorganalefeyDoes your unit have a standing order or protocol for this? If not, then you need to call the MD for specific orders.
- Sep 25, '12 by sckimrnI agree with Morganalefey, see if your unit has a protocol for this first, if not call the doc. and ask for clarification.
- Sep 25, '12 by jawharahCheck with your pharmacy; you might already have a protocol for this. If not, then call the MD.
Quote from FirstLadyRNWhen a MD says to wean cardizem; at what increment do you do so?
- Sep 25, '12 by lykeenI tend to agree with the comments of the other posters. You should check on protocol first; I would be extremely surprised if your hospital/unit does not have one already in place. Otherwise, call the physician just to cover your own behind. There are standard parameters, but you don't want to do anything that might come back to haunt you later!
- Sep 25, '12 by AnoetosWe just reverse the goal protocol (5-10-15mg/hr q15m), but I agree with the others, check your policy.