Centennial College Booklist Winter 2013 - page 2
by Pinkfit94 2,625 Views | 17 Comments
I recently got accepted to the PN program @centennial for Winter 2013. They recently sent me the list of supplies/books I will be needing for first semester. Should I buy the books before the first day of classes or wait until... Read More
- 0Dec 15, '12 by AshuM.Quote from toronto_nurseFor the GNED 144 and PNUR 103 books do they have an online book also? do you require a code to obtain online resources associated with these courses? Just asking because I would like to buy used books they're way cheaper plus I bought ANAT book new from McGraw HIll it was cheaper there and it has a code that you can get access to their online book and other helpful resources for studying that course.For Centennial if you take a browse at the bookstore and see used books grab them since most of them are in like-new shape. You can always ask the clerks at the bookstores which one you need since they have the list as well!
- 1Dec 16, '12 by toronto_nurseKozier is the only textbook you need to get it new with the online access code because some of the nursing courses requires you to use the code for online activities. I'm not sure about online books but most textbooks come with CDs with extra case studies or what not but chances are you won't have time to utilize them.
- 0Dec 16, '12 by Lena100Hi Pinkfit94 - Congratulations on having been accepted onto the program. Which books did you buy from Amazon.ca. My son is starting the program in Jan 201, but he is coming from out of town and we would like to save some money by purchasing some books from Amazon.
- 0Dec 16, '12 by Pinkfit94Hi Lena100,
I bought these books on amazon, and the rest I bought at the centennial bookstore. I dont have the list in front of me but I believe it was:
- Mader's Anatomy and Physiology
- Castillo: Calculating drug dosages
- Mosby's Medical dictionary for nursing and health professionals
- Test taking strategies for the beginning nursing student
I roughly saved about 10-15 dollars per book, its not a lot, but any bit helps!
Good Luck to your Son,
Pinkfit94Last edit by Pinkfit94 on Dec 16, '12 : Reason: rewording and phrasing
- 0Dec 20, '12 by AshuM.Quote from toronto_nurseThank you!Kozier is the only textbook you need to get it new with the online access code because some of the nursing courses requires you to use the code for online activities. I'm not sure about online books but most textbooks come with CDs with extra case studies or what not but chances are you won't have time to utilize them.
- 0Aug 21, '13 by MizzMoQuote from melo140Did you get accepted into the Health Foundation program already?Hi~I'm going to start the Health Foudation in Sep 2013 and begin the PN in Sep 2014 in Centennial.. Why I did't get the book list yet？Did the school email you？
I received a book list in the mail (snail mail, not email)
If you go onto the bookstore website you can put in your course code (like for the individual classes) and it'll show you what books you need.