BCIT August 2013 Applicants - page 5
by SIMBURGER | 76,744 Views | 460 Comments
Hello future nurses, I am so excited to be starting nursing at BCIT in August! For future applicants: To have a strong application make sure you have work experience, volunteer experience (preferrably healthcare), as well... Read More
- 0Hey I dont mind at all. I have applied with all of my electives including Libs 7001 and 7002 which I completed last summer. I am only missing HLED. I graduated in May with a Sociology and Psychology degree. I volunteer in three health care places ( seniors home, VGH and one more). I also do other volunteer work. I am also currently taking anatomy and physiology which I mentioned.Last edit by cat5 on Jan 8, '13
- 0Jan 9, '13 by BulmaBriefsI'm also taking a Human Anatomy & Physiology (6 credit) course as well. Where are you taking yours, if you don't mind me asking, cat5? and I've taken The Canadian Health System, HMGT 7180 for non-nursing students at BCIT and is the exact same course that is supposed to be taken while you're in the program. It was offered during the spring time so I don't know if they still offer it? They did change the name of the course though, that's all. It's really good to hear that we're all done a majority of our electives so it will increase our chances of getting accepted. Btw, this is my second time recompeting for the program, but don't lose hope! Quite a few people get accepted on their first try and from the sounds of it, you seem to have everything you're supposed to have.
- 1Jan 10, '13 by SIMBURGERHi Cat5,
I got special status on the wait list on my first try and deferred to the August 2013 semester (which was my plan anyways) since those on the special status are guaranteed admission for the next intake.
I was SO nervous as well because I applied with 100+ credits from SFU, tons of volunteer experience in the health care setting, and some of my electives completed. However, one of my reference letters was "average" and I believe that really weakened my application. Also, I forgot to attach a cover letter with my reference letter explaining my duties when volunteering in a health care setting - so make sure you don't forget to do this!!!
I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck to you
- 0Jan 10, '13 by ProgressorCat5,
Your application seems strong! I think you have a great chance of getting in on the first try. I was accepted the first time applying to BCIT, so it does happen.
On another note I just started LIBS 7001 and HLED online courses this semester to ease the workload of the program later. I am not sure how I feel about the excessive group work, especially when all communication is just through email and forums.
- 0Jan 11, '13 by vana_Amour,
I hope this will help you, go to the link:
BCIT : : Admission & Registration : : Transfer Credit
- 0Jan 11, '13 by BulmaBriefsHi amour,
you can check the BC transfer guide. Here's the link to it: Transfer Agreement Search By Receiving Course - BC Transfer Guide
Hope this helps. You can always contact BCIT's nursing program and find out as well.