CPNRE - May 16, 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- According to this link all test questions are worth the same amount...1 mark each. It also says there are no specific answers we need to answer correctly to pass. This is directly from the testing company...so I am not sure why you think it is graded in 4 categories....??
Assessment Strategies Inc. - Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination
- Exactly...I believe what this link states...it is straight from the testing company...There are a lot of rumors going around about how they grade it, but this gives us the answers...:-)
- I have to ask...am I the only one that found there was just simply not enough time given for the test? I also had several questions that I did not finish when the time was up...I wish we could have had at least one extra hour..I wrote in London and there were many others that didn't finish as well...I am so scared!
- Jun 5, '12 by katrinas4619Thanks that was good to know as for the time issue; I finished the exam in 2 hours and did not feel rushed at all. Yet there were fellow classmates of mine that felt they did not have enough time and they emailed the CNO to give feedback to this effect.
- Does anyone know what the last passing grade was??
- Jun 5, '12 by toronto_nurseThe passing grade for January 2012's CPNRE was 56% so 101 was the passing mark.
- Jun 5, '12 by newnursejoanHi Toronto Nurse, what has the passing mark for the CPNRE typically have been in the past. 56 percent seems rather low
- Jun 6, '12 by toronto_nurseI can't answer for past results because I'm not sure but I think it hovers around the 60% more or less. Take into consideration that last January 2012 was the new format/blue print in which the CPNRE has adapted the format similar to the RN licensing exam. There is a document out on the web that shows that the passing rate for the CPNRE for nurses educated outside of Canada hovers around 50% or lower so that may have an impact on the passing mark because a lot of IEN's write the CPNRE.
I commonly hear a lot of people complain that the exam does not test their knowledge and its not suppose to hence why knowledge is worth about 15%.
- Jun 7, '12 by mapleleafcnI read from another forum that they already mailed out the results to our respective provinces.