Canadian Practical Registered Exam - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 25, '08 by SpritzI wrote the PN Exam in BC on Sept 10th. I found using the study prep guides to be a great help as that was the exam format. I studied throughout the summer while I was on preceptorship - just a few times a week and a bit of review on the math calculations. I think there was 1-2 math questions on the entire exam.
- Aug 15, '12 by capcakeHi I am a newbie here,,, i was wondering how many takes are they allowing for the PN exams? is it still 3 takes in toronto and then what happen if you failed the last exam? pls. advise.
- Aug 15, '12 by Fiona59Quote from capcakeIt's a national exam. So three attempts anywhere in the nation.Hi I am a newbie here,,, i was wondering how many takes are they allowing for the PN exams? is it still 3 takes in toronto and then what happen if you failed the last exam? pls. advise.
Fail it three times and you're done. Remedial education is required. Up until two years ago, I'd only ever met one PN who failed it three times.
- Aug 15, '12 by capcakeThanks Fiona! for the info. What possible work could you land if you havent passed the exam yet?.
- Aug 16, '12 by Fiona59Are you a new grad? Your college should have covered all of this.
You work as a GPN. Usually get paid at NA wages until your Pass certificate is obtained. Back pay is only given if you PASS first writing. You won't lose the job until the third FAIL, usually unless you are prooving to be totally unsafe.
- Aug 16, '12 by capcakeThanks Fiona, i am a new grad. The reason i asked because a friend of mined failed twice and she said that she is scared for her 3rd exam. Since she has a GPN but will expire soon she was asking me if i new someone with same case as hers. Should she start looking for a HCA job just to assure her of income? She said she does not know what to do if she fails her 3rd exam .
I was hoping someone here could give a good advise. thanks in advance.