Which home health companies in L.A. hire new grad RNs?

  1. I keep on reading that TONS of home health companies hire new grad RNs in L.A. area. So, what companies are those exactly? Does anyone know or is this some kind of urban myth, as I have not found ONE SINGLE ONE? If you do know, please do a favor and post the name of the company for all new grads who are seeking for work.
    The great news is that home health companies CAN hire new grad RNs nowadays, provided they orient the RNs etc. See memo below from Dept of home health. I think I might just start mass e-mailing this to all those home health companies requesting one year of experience. Maybe they never got the memo ...

    March 26, 2012 AFL 12-03

    TO: All Home Health Agencies

    SUBJECT: Program Flexibility for Home Health Agencies (HHA) Nursing Experience Requirements

    AUTHORITY: California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 22 Section 74689

    This All Facilities Letter (AFL) is being issued to provide direction for requesting program flexibility for the nursing experience requirements for HHAs.

    CCR Title 22 Sections 74707 (c) and (d) require that all registered nurses (RN) and licensed vocational nurses (LVN) have one year of professional nursing experience prior to providing nursing services through a HHA in a patient's place of residence.

    CDPH remains focused on ensuring that the care of patients is not compromised. However, CDPH realizes that some HHAs may have difficulty recruiting nurses with the required one year of experience. Providers may be granted flexibility as authorized in CCR Title 22 Section 74689 (a) provided that patient safety and quality of care are not jeopardized. Facilities that request program flexibility must submit a written request and supporting documentation which demonstrates how the facility will meet the intent of the requirement through alternative means. The following link has been provided for your convenience to access the program flexibility request form:


    HHAs are able to request program flexibility for the nursing experience requirement in one of two ways:

    1. Request a program flex for each individual RN or LVN (these requests should be submitted accordingly to the appropriate District Office; the addresses can be found at the following link: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/facil...ctOffices.aspx) or,

    2. Request a program flex of the one-year experience requirement that is HHA specific, based on the new RN transition program. This is to allow all new graduates to work with the agency without an individual flex being required for each

    AFL 12-03 Page 2 March 26, 2012


    nurse (these requests should be submitted to Headquarters which will work closely with the District Office).

    The agency-specific program flexibility requests should be submitted to the following Headquarters address:

  2. Visit hopeandresilience profile page

    About hopeandresilience

    Joined: May '12; Posts: 11; Likes: 1


  3. by   SoCalGalRN
    I was hired at a Culver City HH agency as a new grad but I would not suggest them. I worked for 2.5 weeks of unpaid "orientation" and got a hospital job offer during my first supposedly paid week of work. I was never paid but did get a W2. *eyeroll*