United States University, San Diego Brick and Mortar School - page 3
I've been researching United States University for the RN-BSN and I like it because it is a brick and mortar school that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I don't do so well with online classes so this... Read More
May 9, '12 by justcup, ADN, BSN, LVN, RNDoes anyone know what the math requirement is for the adn-bsn? I emailed an advisor today but they havent got back to me. REALLY don't wanna take stats... but I will if I have to.
Aug 15, '12 by stellarosaJustCup,
You will find the information here, page 147
Aug 28, '12 by TomorrowNeverKnowsHello Everybody,
There will a BRN meeting on August 29, 2012
They will give an update on the future status for USU.
Feb 3, '13 by ASaulWe are moving to San Diego area... I have been reading this thread and and am a little nervous to add this school as a possible RN-BS! Does anyone know any more current info on this school? I can find NOTHING on their website just a form to fill out for more info but no info on their website. Any information is greatly appreciated!!
Mar 3, '13 by stephaniehomELM Official Release
February 12th, 2013
At the meeting of the California Board of Registered Nursing held on February 6, 2013, the following decision was made regarding the Entry Level Master’s (ELM) Program of United States University (USU):
- Keep the ELM program on warning status
- Allow the admission of one cohort of 20 students in 2013
- Complete a review of the entire ELM/MSNFNP program in May, 2013
Consequently, USU will begin accepting applications for admission into the ELM program. Only 20 students can be admitted into the cohort.
Selection of students will be based on the following:
- Submission of an application (application fee will be waived for alumni)
- Transcript with a bachelor’s degree conferment from accredited US college or university, or international equivalent
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Completion of ALL pre-requisite courses with a grade of C+ or better
- Science pre-reqs must have been completed within last 7 years
- TEAS V score of 78% or higher, and must have been completed within last 12 months
- Purpose Statement
- Individual interview with a faculty panel
- Passing a background check with no flags
- Be a U.S. citizen
• An information session will be held on Friday, February 22nd at 3:00pm for those who are interested in applying to the program. Please call 1-888-422-3381 to reserve your spot or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, March 1, 2013
- Students who meet the application requirements will be scheduled for a panel interview
beginning the week of March 25, 2013
- Selection of students to be admitted will be made by April 12, 2013. The top 24 students will be selected for pre-admission into the ELM program. Please note that of the 24 students, 4 will be alternates in case one of the top 20 students drops out either before the actual start of the program or within the first week.
- Only the top 20 students will be admitted into the program
- An orientation session will be held for students who have been admitted into the ELM program on April 25, 2013 from 3 – 5 pm at United States University auditorium. This is a mandatory meeting for all students who have been admitted. A student who does not attend the orientation will be dropped from the program. Students are encouraged to have immediate family member attend the orientation however, please no small children.
- Instruction will begin on Monday, May 6, 2013.
Mar 24, '13 by lclarke05Still trying to find out more info myself...The above info helps though...