UCSD new grad or CNII Perinatal/NICU position
- 0Nov 21, '12 by nursesworkhardHas anyone else applied to the UCSD new grad perinatal/nicu program or the Perinatal CNII position posted? The job closes 11/23/12 and wondering if anyone has heard anything? Wondering when they will be be contacting people and doing interviews.
- 3,265 Visits
- 0Nov 30, '12 by nursesworkhardthat's great! I hope it went well! Did they tell you when they would let you know by? I applied to the Perinatal II position and haven't heard about an interview but my application was sent for review on Monday. Just wondering how much longer it might take after the interview process.
- 0Nov 30, '12 by NurseMandoCommandoI felt like the interview went really well, but no idea what I'm up against so we'll see if it was good enough. They said they would be interviewing for the rest of the week and would be sending out emails (either of rejection or moving on to the next step) in the next week and hope to have offers and everything set up by Christmas so I probably won't hear anything within the next week. So the position you applied to is not new grad, correct?
- 0Dec 12, '12 by SDchick@NurseMandoComando: That is soooo awesome you scored an interview for this program! My application was referred to the hiring department but I never got a call for an interview. Just wondering what your background is? I would have LOVED to do the postpartum/NICU loop for the program. I have all the qualifications except doing my internship/preceptorship in NICU or L&D. I even took the Regional Perinatal class already. I am currently working as a Postpartum Nurse at Sharp Healthcare. Anyhow, I wish you all the luck! Hope to hear from you soon!!!!
- 0Dec 12, '12 by NurseMandoCommandoHi there! I'm sorry you didn't get an interview, you say you're working as a PP nurse for Sharp, how long have you been doing that? (I know they are very strict about new grad programs and having to have less than 6months of experience)... Just fyi, we also have a thread going here for others that are involved with this program application: http://allnurses.com/california-nurs...ad-800309.html
I have a BSN (got it fall 2011), did my preceptorship in L&D, took the MNNC class, have my NRP and ACLS and am a member of AWHONN. I also volunteered in 2008 at Sharp Memorial. I feel like I've done everything I have been recommended to do and can afford to do, but something just isn't working for me. Any advice/input as a current nurse?
- 0Dec 12, '12 by SDchickHi Nurse Mando Commando,
Thanks for the quick reply! Ya, I was kinda bummed I wasn't able to score an interview. I had contacted HR today and they said they already finished doing their interviews. I actually applied for the Perinatal CN II position since I already have experience as an RN. I worked at a SNF for 10 months right after nursing school, then was fortunate enough to land the Postpartum New grad job for Sharp and have been working there for 1 1/2 years now. I definitely love it, but am VERY interested in getting into the NICU. When I saw the posting for the Perinatal program, I thought it would be an awesome opportunity! Wow, your credentials are very good! I'm hoping you get the position! Advice as a current nurse, take any experience you can get. Although I did not want to work at a SNF, I just took it and eventhough it was SUPER stressful and was diorganized, I gained a lot of valuable experience from it, looking back. Also, Network if you can! When I took the Regional Perinatal Class, I met one of the Clinical Nurse Specialist speakers after class just to talk to her and get her advice for job hunting. It was a blessing in disguise cause she was able to help me get the new grad job! Please keep us posted on your status for this position! Wish you the best of luck!