UCLA MECN FALL 2013
- 1Sep 13, '12 by ldytrjnHaven been looking around and haven't really seen a topic on this yet. This is my dream school/program. I am from Seattle so I am having to get a lot of info from them long-distance instead of going to an information session. Has anyone gone to an information session yet?
- 103,887 Visits
- 0Oct 1, '12 by choe.cmI went to the info session over the summer. I was going to apply to UCLA and CSULB but since CSULB might not have a entry level program for Fall 2013, UCLA might be my only bet. Most of the stuff they went over at the info session can be found online. The most important part (at least the part they stressed the most) is the statement of purpose. Good luck applying! If you need more information about anything specific feel free to ask :]]
- 0Oct 8, '12 by jkm07Alright, it's kind of dead in here. Due date is in a month! Where are all the other applicants at?!
From the website it says that we only need to send in a transcript from the institution where we got our BA/BS and other colleges where we did our prerequisites. So I'm guessing that if I took a random history class at a community college I wouldn't need to turn in a transcript for that...?
- 0Oct 21, '12 by choe.cmI am surprised that there isn't much activity on this post; hopefully that means not many people are applying and thus a better chance to get in. :]]
The only transcripts you need is the one from your BA/BS school and any schools you did your prereqs at. So if you took that random history class at one community college and didn't complete any other prereqs from that school, you don't need it.
I finished my Statement of Purpose but I am having some difficulties with the Diversity Statement for the fellowship. Just a couple weeks to go!
- 0Oct 22, '12 by ldytrjnHey guys, yeah this board is kind of dead. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was applying lol. I am working on my statement of purpose but am unsure of exactly what they are looking for. I know they want to know why we picked UCLA but I don't think the good location will really sound good on the essay I'm a Seattle girl but am looking to relocate with my family. Hopefully we succeed here. Only two more weeks! I can't believe it. I wasn't sure if healthcare experience helps, cause I have a bunch of it. Chloe: what did they mention about the statement of purpose specifically?
- 0Oct 22, '12 by choe.cm@Ldytrjn: They were very specific in what they wanted. (1) Why you want to be a nurse, (2) Why UCLA, (3) what are your goals, (4) what did you do to prepare (volunteer/work experience). Be sure to mention anything multicultural and any disadvantages you might have had. Btw, it is Choe ( last name) not Chloe. :]] Let me know if you need anything else.Just sent my transcripts today. I hope I get in, especially since they might cut the entry master program at Long Beach :[[