SJSU Nursing Fall 2012Register Today!
- by biglaughter Apr 7, '12I already applied for Nursing at SJSU for Fall 2012 and I am just waiting for the acceptance/nonacceptance now. I am beyond stress and worried that I might now get in because I am competing with so many smart applicants. I impaction is extremely low, its a 10.08, and usually the cut off are around 10.02-10.10, so I am basically at the cut off point. I am proud of my impaction score because I know that I did the BEST I could, but the problem is maybe my best isn't enough. I really want to focus on my current classes right now, but I find it extremely hard while I wait for my possible denied letter. I don't have an option B career, nursing has been the only thing I wanted to do ever since I was little, so if I don't get in, i'll be extremely disappointed and depressed. I contacted the nursing committee to ask them when they will be sending out the acceptance/denied letters, and they said they would be sending letters out the first week of May. Waiting is really tiring. I okay to wait if you know you have a high impaction score and have a high chance of getting in the nursing program, but if you have a low impaction score like me; in the range of being cut off, it's really nerve racking. I really hope someone understands what I am going through, because I it's really hard to express with words how I am feeling right now. Thank you guys. I appreciate any advices/input! What was the lowest impaction score that got into the nursing program your semester?Last edit by biglaughter on Apr 7, '12
- Apr 7, '12 by biglaughterI really didn't get what the "poll" thing was about, so I just wrote in questions. Please answer them instead. Thank you.
- Apr 14, '12 by seashelleyesI hope you don't mind that I'm bumping up your thread! I just got an acceptance letter from SJSU today. I'm very curious if anyone else here is planning to go. I'm still waiting to hear from three other programs, but I live near San Jose so I'm happy to have the option.
And did you find out as well, biglaughter?
ETA: Mods, maybe we should move this thread to the California Nursing Programs forum for more responses?
- you got an acceptance letter already? CONGRATS on getting in! I didn't think they would be done. I don't think that I will get accepted, may I ask, what was your impaction score? I am so nervous...*sigh*, I really dont know what to do. Thank you for your response.
- I thought they were suppose to send letters of acceptance/nonacceptance early May? I feeling really depress right now, if you already received your letter and I still have not, that probably means I did not get in. What am I suppose to do now.....I feel like crying....
- Apr 16, '12 by seashelleyesI am sorry my post upset you. Keep in mind that I just got the letter on Saturday and I live very near San Jose. It says that they are only accepting 65 students but hints there is a waiting list. We have two weeks to respond so I think that is for the benefit of the wait listed students. I was very surprised to hear from them so soon, too.
- I am not upest, just a sad that's all. But I thought they are accepting only 60 students? Can you tell me where you are getting all this information? It's not that I don't trust you, but I also want to know too. Thank you. I also live near San Jose, near Capital and Snell, that is consider near right. I am just every paranoid right now, i dont know whether i am missing something on my application or not, know what I mean?
- Apr 16, '12 by seashelleyesAll the information from my last post was from the acceptance letter they sent me. Did you take the WST and finish most of your prerequisites? I forget what my impaction score is, but I got a 92.7% on the TEAS, 4.0 on my last 30 units, and I think a 4.0 on my prereqs if you disregard my English 1A which I had as AP Credit from high school. Did you apply to any other programs?
Feel free to ask me any other questions, as well. Hugs
- No wonder why you got in, your impaction is like a 11.90, which is ridicuously high. My impaction score is only 10.08, which is at the cutoff point. I only apply to two programs. Yes, I have finish all the WST (I failed the first time, and took ENG 96s to pass) and prerequisites. I hope the rest of the applicants are not as intelligent as you, otherwise I will definitely not make it in the nursing program. I am waiting anxiously for my letter. Thank you so much for replying, I really need someone to talk to. A stupid question: was the letter you received a big manila enveloped or a small one, I am so paranoid....I am not having high hopes for anything, just want to prepare myself if I recieve a nonacceptance letter.