SJSU Nursing Fall 2012 - page 4
by biglaughter 17,632 Views | 106 Comments
I already applied for Nursing at SJSU for Fall 2012 and I am just waiting for the acceptance/nonacceptance now. I am beyond stress and worried that I might now get in because I am competing with so many smart applicants. I... Read More
- 0Apr 18, '12 by biglaughterIf I don't get in this semester, my impaction will go down because I am not so well this semester. I already took the TEAS twice already, my score didn't improve much from the first time I took it. I really can't express the emotion i am feeling right now, maybe it is a mix of anxiety/depress/lost of hope/dejected like of feeling. It's really sad to know I am waiting for a denial letter. *sigh* Congrats SJSU2015 on getting accepted into the program, I know you will be a great Nurse. I hope I will get another chance if someone decides not to attend, but the chances are very unlikely. Last semester, every applicant that was acceptance decided to attend. (maybe because they know it's so hard to get into nursing now)Last edit by biglaughter on Apr 18, '12
- 0Apr 19, '12 by sjsu2015One of my friends just did a program at Hartnell community college in Salinas (you may not want to go that far) but they don't have a wait list from what I understand. They just base it on grades and the TEAS test. If that isn't too far away for you to drive (if you are near SJSU it is probably about 30 - 45 minutes if you drive on 101) you might want to look into that program and then do like 1waitingpatiently suggested and do the bridge program.
- 0Thank you, but I feel so discourage right now, I don't even want to think about reapplying. Even though my impaction score didn't make the cut; I worked extremely hard to get that score. And to know that my hard work was not enough is very discouraging. I skip class today, and it was an important day and I shouldnt have, but I did anways because I knew if I went, people would know that I didnt make it. And the fact that i didn't makes me remember that I was not accepted will make me cry in class, and I don't people to see that side of me... I just can't concentrate in school, to know that I am not doing well this semester does not give me reason to attend class. I don't have the energy to think about it... Applying is a difficult process as every school requirements are different/ have diff. deadline and something courses do not articulate...it gives me a headache. I know everything happens for a reason, and God made me go through this because he has something better in store for me, but i just don't understand why... I have always been failing in school, I am already a senior. I don't know how many more time does God want to test me, does he want test me until he breaks me? Even though people say it's not the end of the world and to just apply again or do this do that, but you have to be in my shoe to understand this feeling of rejection. I have felt this feeling more than once, but the more you feel it, the more it makes you want to give up.Last edit by biglaughter on Apr 19, '12
- 0Apr 19, '12 by seashelleyesBiglaughter, my advice for you would be to apply for some CC associate programs. While you're on the waitlist, there are plenty of other things you can do: volunteer at a hospital, get a CNA license, get a bachelor's degree in another major, work & save money, continue applying to other programs (perhaps private schools?).....
Don't be too hard on yourself. I think most people realize how hard it is to get into a nursing program. If you really want to be a nurse, don't give up. Your feelings are understandable but remember that it's up to you to stay positive and keep working toward your goal. It may not happen the way you wanted/planned it, but I'm confident you can get there.
- 0Nursing is the only career I want to pursue. I may not be the brightest student out there and I know I will have to take the long road fill with obstacles, but I will continue to move forward. I was looking at Mount St. Mary one year program; it says that you have to have a bachelor degree to attend...I don't even know if I have a bachelor degree or not, my mine is all fuzzy, does having 120units =bachelor. My mind is not functioning right now. I don't want to go through the application process and receive more rejection letters.