SJSU Nursing Fall 2012 - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 18, '12 by futurenurse408ChanelMarieT,
For the TEAS, my best advice is to purchase the book (from Amazon, Ebay, or ATI) and study it a couple of weeks before the test. Don't start studying too early as you will want the material to stay fresh in your head. I used the book about 2 weeks before my exam and I did very well. I did not use anything else to prepare for it. As of last year, you are only allowed to take version V and I don't even think they offer version 4 anymore. For me, I didn't have a choice and I took the exam summer 2011 (I took version V). The application packet is pretty self explanatory; whenever I had a question, I just went over to the nursing office and they helped me out. Make sure once you are finished to have it checked my someone in the office a few weeks in advance. Also, I know that they call you after you submit it if anything is missing. Order your official transcript now if you're not taking summer classes so that you have it well prepared. You can do it at the registrar's office over on 10th street by the bursar's office. Try filling out the app now so that you don't have to worry about it once the semester begins. You can't submit it until a month before the deadline, however. The office is open in the summer so they can answer questions if you want to call them or go to talk to them.
- Jun 18, '12 by futurenurse408You need to order official transcript, sealed. And you need to include that with your application. The nursing office keeps it.
- Jun 28, '12 by xxFaithFuturenurse408
Thanks for replying back & I appreciate your help! My TEAS test is in 2 weeks and I'm worried that I won't do so well. I have been studying since spring semester ended. I finished the TEAS V manual like in 2 weeks and now I'm reviewing the areas where I feel I need more improvement. What I'm most worried about is that there will be some questions on the test that the review book did not cover. Have you been accepted into SJSU's nursing program? if you did get accepted, do you think A's in Physio,Micro,Anatomy, Comm 20, all of my last 30 units, i think, might be all A's or probably 3/4 are all A's and B's in Engl1A/1B, Chem 30A/B, Stat 95 would be considered into the nursing program? My grades may look really good to others, but for nursing I feel like its not enough. Sorry for all the questions, most of the friends I made in my pre-req class all dropped nursing and throughout college I was guiding myself through nursing.
- Jun 28, '12 by futurenurse408Please don't be nervous for the test. I was so nervous and scared, and when it was over, I was like "That's it? It wasn't hard at all." And I had listened when my friends who took it told me not to be nervous. I was really scared for the science portion, and I ended up getting the highest score in that section. CRAZY. The math, english, and reading are cake. I think there was a question like "700 - 11" on the exam. I thought it was a trick question because I wasn't expecting something as easy as subtraction to be covered. The only thing I'd advise you is to keep an eye on the clock during the reading portion. What I did was I read the questions first, then went back and read the story portion after. That way, you don't have to read the whole thing, just enough to answer your question. And the questions are really easy, just a bit time-consuming. DONT BE NERVOUS, I PROMISE IT IS SO MUCH EASIER THAN YOU THINK. And yes, I am already in the program. I just finished my first semester and it was really awesome! I believe I had a 4.0 for the last 30 units and something like a 3.8 for Physio, Micro, Anatomy, Stats, Engl. And remember that they go by impaction score, which is the GPA of the last 30 units + GPA of the Big 5 classes + TEAS score/23. Since grades count for 2/3 of the scoring, you are going to be golden. Trust me, TEAS is the easier part of the process, especially if you took physio at SJSU.
And you can ask me all the questions you want, I would love to help you! I know how stressful it is, and I want to make it as breezy for you as possible.
- Sep 7, '12 by azizjaanI was happy to see that SJSU lowered their requirements but with my GPA i still don't think its worth applying.
I haven't calculated my recent 45 quarter units, I have a 2.88 in the Big 5 classes and taking the teas tomorrow.
If my last 45 quarter units included my prereqs will they include them in the calculation of my recent 45 units?
Also, Any last minute advice before I take my teas? What to eat for breakfast, last minute reviewing? I've been taking the practice tests out of McGraw Hills books and been getting an overall score of: 71.5, 71.5, 73.5, 69, and 81.6. My scores for every subject fluctuate every practice test . I'm really scared. If you have any last minute advice please give them before dooms day(tomorrow).Last edit by azizjaan on Sep 7, '12
- Oct 6, '12 by BigCatMeowsI took at the same time as you haha, ru applying for spring?
- Oct 6, '12 by BigCatMeowsPoor babe I hope ur okay