Samuel Merritt - Oakland, Fall 2011 ELMSN-FNP - page 28
Hi all, Applications are due just around the corner, and I was just wondering if anyone else has started the application process yet. It would be good to hear back from others who are going through the same process! ... Read More
- 0May 4, '11 by Sahar5it varies every year, its all dependent upon how many people do not accept. All we can do at this point is hear from people that haev decided to not accept. And then we have to take into consideration the amount of people who are not participating on this website. Stay hopeful ODdb !!!! People will hear from other schools in July too. Best of LUCK !!!!!!!
- 0May 12, '11 by Sahar5i feel like nothing is finalized because I havenet heard from teh school ever since i turned in my financial aide packet. They havent even told me what I need or what I am missing, for classes and shots/immunizations. Anyone else get any other news other than financial aide packets??
- 0May 12, '11 by kzimmermannHey Sahar!
I haven't even received my financial aid packet yet (I just left my financial advisor a message). I had played phone tag with her a few weeks ago and she said that SMU was just beginning to send the Summer students their packets.
So I've just been working on getting my immunizations in before the 1st of June. Do you need any help with your Immunizations or your health screen? PM me with anything you need and I can probably help.
- 0May 31, '11 by TeggsThe health record is due by June 1st, and ---- told me that the welcome packets will be sent to you once you've completed both the background check as well as submitted the health record. The health record form contains the immunization chart that your doc is supposed to fill out and sign (or you can mail over all your documentation too!). Submit the other pages of the health record first, by June 1st, if you aren't able to get a doc appt in time for the physical and immunization record portion of it. Just let Student Health Services know that your doc appointment is upcoming, and that you'll submit the rest later (before the school year commences). I think that's the way to go if you aren't able to get the physical/immunization part filled out by June 1st. Hope this helps!Last edit by dianah on May 31, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0Jun 7, '11 by kzimmermannHi All,
I would have written earlier but was out of town. Just a heads up re Immunizations: turns out the immunization forms that were sent to us were out of date. The only major changes are that everyone needs to get 2 (yes, 2) TB tests prior to admission, and they have to be one month apart.
Make sure to contact Health Services to get an updated form for the immunizations you need. You can also get the updated form at: http://www.samuelmerritt.edu/files/s...cord_forms.pdf
- 0Jun 7, '11 by kzimmermannAnother note for everyone...
I've found an apartment close to campus (Adams Point neighborhood), just a little over a mile away.
It's pretty good sized, so I'll be more than happy to host study groups, since I'm pretty sure I can cram a lot of my living room furniture in there.
If anyone is still looking for places and needs any POV re neighborhoods and apartments, feel free to PM me!