Samuel Merritt BSN
- 0Nov 27, '12 by PrinalciousI am in the process of finishing up the
last of my pre-reqs and I am over come with frustration. Samuel Merritt is my 1st choice school but I can't seem
to get into the last three classes I need at my local JC. Everything
is just so impacted. Anyway I was looking on the SMU website and
under the ABSN program there is a list of accepted challenge exams.
The list says that SMU takes Excelsior College's Anatomy and Physio
Exam (BIOL 210) and there Micro exam as well. Neither of which has a
I am slightly confused as the website list the
admission requirements as needing labs. I tried calling a councilor
to ask and the lady on the phone said that they do take the exam but
she was very short with me and really didnít make me feel confident
in her response.... Dose anyone have any insight on this?
- 521 Visits
- 0Nov 27, '12 by ALXiongFirst of all, I did not see what pre-req you still needed. If you can be more specific, maybe I can tell you where you can possible take those classes. The JC I went in San Bruno has a lot of sections for Micro and Anatomy. Even though you see the class is full, you can still show up to the first class for what you want to get in. They sometimes take walk-ins which happened all the times when I was taking my pre-req at JC.
- 0Nov 28, '12 by PrinalciousI still need Micro and Anatomy and physiology 2. with budget cuts my local JC is so full. Within two days of registration opening all the sciences are pretty much full. I just received an email from Samuel Merritt admissions rep informing me that they do accept the Excelsior exam for both micro and A&P. I think I am going to go that route I am just concerned that by doing it this way I really limit myself to only SM.
- 0Nov 28, '12 by ALXiongI really don't think it is the route you should take because you will be missing a lot of elements such as Letter grade. Committee prefers to see actual letter grade than Pass or No Pass on your record. I am attending SMU for ELMSN programs and they really stress about letter grades on your record while I was applying. You can try to take your classes from other JC rather than staying at one. I know it may be far in distance but you will get what you need from other as well. If you live at East Bay, there are a lot of colleges and they are close by. If you live at SF or San mateo, san mateo community college district offers a lot of Micro sections days or evenings. However, you are on the A&P series so you may have to stay with colleges offering series because some offer anatomy and physiology as separate courses.
- 0Dec 11, '12 by kmleonard4I think it should be fine if they say that the challenge exam is accepted, since they already know that a lab will not be included with the challenge exams. However, I would highly suggest getting a tutor to make sure you learn the material well. Since the ABSN is at such a rapid pace, I would definitely make sure you know the material well or it will probably hurt you in the long run. Good luck!