Samuel Merritt ABSN Spring 2013 - page 2
by jly0162 | 47,624 Views | 319 Comments
Was looking around and couldn't find a thread for this. Has anyone else applied to this program & which campus did you pick for first choice? Would love to hear back from fellow applicants :)... Read More
- 0Aug 5, '12 by NishaA@ jly0162, Thanks for the info! I think something is def wrong with my account, I will be calling them again on Monday. I'm glad you had a good experience with it, I took an online psych 1 class and it was horrible. For the amount it costs it should be set up nicely!
@MyRoseyCareer, I have a liberal arts background as well! Did you have trouble with the TEAS Bio section? I had a hard time with it, some of the stuff on there I hadn't seen in my A&P or Micro class :/ I read on the SMU website that they only look at the Reading and Math individual score so that makes me feel a little better, but still not happy with my score. I'm wondering if I take it again, if they will look at my new score? I took it right before the deadline so didn't have time to re-take it.
I honestly cannot recall the difficulty of the TEAS (I took it a bit ago!). I would surmise they would not relook at your score, given that you have turned in your documents and they are under review. However, it is still definitely worth asking if you are concerned about it. ------- here in Sacramento has always been very helpful, although I am not sure about the San Mateo folks. I think asking never hurts if you're very concerned.
I wonder who else out there would like Sacramento as their first choice campus for the ABSN program we begin in less than 5 months!Last edit by dianah on Aug 5, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0One more thing...
I know we are going to need to take a CPR/BLS class for the Healthcare Professional. I thought I'd remind you all (in case you didn't have enough on your plate already, I'm sure!). I took mine through the American Red Cross here in Sacramento. Good and very brief! Yeahhhh!Last edit by MyRoseyCareer on Aug 5, '12
- 0Aug 12, '12 by StacyMarie982I too applied to the Spring 2013 cohort; I am registered for pharm and patho online which start Tuesday. I had the same issues with trying to figure out what to do! Login to your campus email, then set up a canvas account I'm doing the 6 hour online intro today. Ordered books from amazon as they had the best price. San Mateo is my first choice campus.
CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR ALL OF US!!!!
- 0Aug 12, '12 by BeezieGoGiants@MyRoseyCareer- Sacramento campus is my first choice. I will complete my B.S. in the next few months, it is in Health Administration with an Emphasis on Management. My current GPA is 3.7. and I have a 4.0 in the science section. The only prerequisite I have to complete is pathophsiology.
- 0Aug 12, '12 by MyRoseyCareer@StacyMarie982- Good luck on your patho and pharm classes. I'm sure you'll ace 'em.
@bethondricek- Sounds like your on track for completing your degree. Best wishes with that. Will you take pathophys during the program?
To all of you, I have a Saunder's NCLEX book, the latest edition. I live in the Sacramento area. I am not sure if anyone is ever interested (and I realize we have 16 months [or more] before we sit for boards), but I periodically review several questions at a time in the book. If anyone ever wanted to join me, let me know!
- 2Aug 12, '12 by cateisgreatHi everyone!
I am currently in the ABSN program at SMU Sacramento. Just wanted to say good luck to all of you
You also may want to check if they are accepting the American Red Cross CPR classes. Last year they didn't and I ended up having to to the BLS CPR for American Heart Association (which was the only one they would accept).
They started making acceptance calls to students the last week in September, and emails the first couple of weeks in October. Be prepared to do ALOT of running around done before orientation getting TB tests done, vaccinations, etc.
Again, good luck to all of you and hopefully I will see you at orientation in November