Samuel Merritt ABSN Spring 2011 - page 7
by Victory925 49,406 Views | 342 Comments
Starting a new thread for the Spring 2011 SMU applicants for the Sacramento Campus and all others as well. Post your stats, any other important information you might have heard about the applicants, questions, concerns,... Read More
- 0Jul 3, '10 by MStarQuote from victory925hi victory925,hi. welcome! great stats btw.
i am pretty sure we are supposed to hear something back in october. i am not sure about that september 1st application date? anyone???
last time i went to an info session ---- said that they used to let you know before the next addmission cycle if you got in or not. but with nursingcas because they are new to it and they have just 2 months to review the application before the application for the next cohort - they will not be able to tell you in time.
she recommended that we apply for the next cohort just in case.Last edit by dianah on Jul 3, '10 : Reason: Removed name, as posting names is Terms of Service violation
- 0Jul 6, '10 by AN1324Quote from MStarI emailed one of the counselors and was told that we would be hearing back from them in October.Hi Victory925,
Last time I went to an info session ---- said that they used to let you know before the next addmission cycle if you got in or not. But with NursingCAS because they are new to it and they have just 2 months to review the application before the application for the next cohort - they will not be able to tell you in time.
She recommended that we apply for the next cohort just in case.
- 0Jul 24, '10 by SFNewGradHey all. I'm hoping to apply for the Summer 2011 ABSN Program (Sept 1 Application Deadline). I just took the TEAS test last week (7/22) and haven't gotten my scores back yet. I have a 3.5 cumulative GPA with a Science GPA of 4.0. I've been a CNA for 7 years, and currently work for a major healthcare company.
I heard from one of the counselors too that they will primarily use the TEAS score to differentiate between candidates if everything else is equal.
Does anyone happen to know what the average TEAS (Reading, Math, Composite) scores are of folks that have been accepted into the SMU ABSN program. I know what the MINIMUM requirements are for SMU (it's posted on their website), but I'm curious if anyone knows what the average scores are for folks that HAVE been accepted. I think I did very well on the Math and Reading, but the Science part - I"m not so sure, so I'm a little freaked out!!
BTW the Nursing CAS thing is kind of a pain - especially the part about only having about 250 characters or so to write why you want to be a nurse!!!!
- 0Aug 10, '10 by cerobbinHowdy everyone! I also just joined.
Yesterday (Monday Aug 9th) I recieved an email giving a time line of when we will hear what from SMU. It is as follows:
Here is a time-line of the admission process for SRLC:
Jul-Aug: Admission application review
Aug-Sep: Faculty application review/ELMSN interviews
Early Oct: Applicants notified regarding admission status. Admitted and waitlisted students are initially contacted by phone and email, so please make sure your contact information is up to date. Denials letters are sent by mail.
Hope this helps. Good luck to all!
- 0Aug 11, '10 by UCLover610RickyCA, found this on their website:
Spring 2010 Number of Applicants 316 Number of Positions Available 89 Average last 60 semester unit GPA 3.44 Average Science GPA 3.62 Average TEAS Total Score 88 Average TEAS Math Score 89 Average TEAS Reading Score 95 Summer 2010 Number of Applicants 352 Number of Positions Available 144 Average Last 60 unit GPA 3.52 Average Science GPA 3.55 Average TEAS Total Score 86 Average Math Score 86 Average Reading Score 94 Fall 2010 Number of Applicants 176 Number of Positions Available 48 Average Last 60 unit GPA3.67 Average Science GPA 3.83 Average TEAS Total Score 88 Average TEAS Math Score 94 Average TEAS Reading Score 89
- 0Aug 11, '10 by cerobbini did not solicit a response from smu, the email was sent out to me. i would recommend contacting liza osteo or you can go on the smu website and chat live with a counselor today and tomorrow (from 1-3 i think...but not 100% sure) and i'm sure they will put you at ease. i applied to sacramento so if you applied to san mateo, it might be a slightly different timeline and perhaps that is the reason you haven't heard back yet.