Samuel Merritt ABSN San Francisco - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 5, '09 by Mar123Oh god I hope we don't have to wait 5 months to find out! I think that it must have taken that long because they accepted applications for coherts for 3 locations that start in the summer. Probably took a long time to sift through all of those applications. Fall has only 1 cohert...San Francisco. So hopefully it will be faster.:typing
- Apr 7, '09 by CaptainButtWipeHello, I also applied to SMU for 11/09. Che one of the counselor's there told me that there is a 50/50 chance of getting accepted when only one campus is open. However, when multiple locations are open for a term, if you meet the minimum requirements you'll get accepted into one or the other.
Conversely, I heard that USF had a 70% increase in the applicant pool for their MSN program. I expect that these numbers could also correlate with SMU. And, it may be even more competitive than as mentioned above.
- Apr 7, '09 by Mar123Thanks for that information... makes me feel somewhat better.Anybody recieve a confirmation?:typing
- Apr 8, '09 by CaptainButtWipeQuote from Mar123I e-mailed Che, she told me that by May all application packets will be reviewed by councelor's. After, that they will be sent to the SF faculty where upon they'll decide on the list for the class roster and waiting list.Oh god I hope we don't have to wait 5 months to find out! I think that it must have taken that long because they accepted applications for coherts for 3 locations that start in the summer. Probably took a long time to sift through all of those applications. Fall has only 1 cohert...San Francisco. So hopefully it will be faster.:typing
I have a hunch that it may take upto August or September for us to get the final word. It may take +5 months.Last edit by CaptainButtWipe on Apr 8, '09
- Apr 8, '09 by Mar123Thanks Masclinurse....at least we all have an idea of how long to wait now. I'm gonna try not to stress :tbsk:
Anybody know how many applicants for this cohert?
- Apr 8, '09 by CaptainButtWipeQuote from Mar123Che said on average there is 100 applicants when one location is open for enrollment. But that was on 03/02/09, the day after our applications were due. As I said before, USF has seen a 70% increase in applications for this term. If SMU has seen the same spike, the chances for a student who meets the minimum requirements may be less than 1/3 to get accepted.Anybody know how many applicants for this cohert?
I'm kinda worried, I'm not an academic stud. I'm at a 3.7 with the prereqs, 3.5 science prereqs, NET math 80 and NET reading 76. I'm relying on my essays that describe my experience as a Kaiser Volunteer, Police Officer and father to getting in.
If others reading this if you do not mind, please post your academic stats and work experience.Last edit by CaptainButtWipe on Apr 8, '09
- Apr 9, '09 by bearstudentYour scores are decent. They are better than mine except for the Net.
It's very likely you will be accepted. Make sure that your credit is
good however, as that is what determines your interest rate.
- Apr 13, '09 by CaptainButtWipeMy guess was correct, there was an increase in applications. I received the following information in an e-mail...
Greetings from Samuel Merritt University. Thank you for your application to the ABSN program for the cohort starting in San Francisco in November 2009. Here are some important updates for you:
Applications for this cohort are up 73% over last year for a total of 194. This means we have an increase in applications to review so it is going to take us longer. Please bear with us.
We expect to seat a class of 48 in San Francisco for this cohort; we will also establish a waitlist of qualified applicants.
As we proceed with reviewing applications, complete files will receive first priority. Incomplete files may receive secondary consideration.
We expect to have final notification letters out mid-late July. Instructions will be provided in all waitlist letters about reclassification for the January 2010 (Sacramento and San Mateo) cohorts.
Eugenia Berdali, Admission Counselor, will be coordinating the application process. Please be watching for periodic updates from her.
At this time, please do not respond to this email. I appreciate how anxious you are about your file and we will handle it with care and consideration.
Director of Admission
Samuel Merritt University
- Apr 13, '09 by Mar123Hey Masclinurse!
Pretty good prediction... you were right on the money. I got the same e-mail and remembered what you said. Now I'm really nervous cause this will definately decrease my odds of getting in:scrm:.
- Apr 13, '09 by ebtideSo, I guess this puts our chances to about 25%? This is certainly worse than I anticipated. Can someone explain what they mean by this: "reclassification for the January 2010 (Sacramento and San Mateo) cohorts".
BTW- MascliNurse, we are in Phys together!