Samuel Merritt ABSN San Francisco - page 2
by rachelzheng82 28,100 Views | 197 Comments
I am currently taking the prerequisite courses and planing to submit my application as soon as I finish the courses, but I am now working 3 day a week, sometimes 2 days in order to support myself. I am wondering whether I am... Read More
- 0Apr 5, '09 by Mar123Oh god I hope we don't have to wait 5 months to find out! I think that it must have taken that long because they accepted applications for coherts for 3 locations that start in the summer. Probably took a long time to sift through all of those applications. Fall has only 1 cohert...San Francisco. So hopefully it will be faster.:typing
- 0Apr 7, '09 by CaptainButtWipeRNHello, I also applied to SMU for 11/09. Che one of the counselor's there told me that there is a 50/50 chance of getting accepted when only one campus is open. However, when multiple locations are open for a term, if you meet the minimum requirements you'll get accepted into one or the other.
Conversely, I heard that USF had a 70% increase in the applicant pool for their MSN program. I expect that these numbers could also correlate with SMU. And, it may be even more competitive than as mentioned above.
- 0Apr 8, '09 by CaptainButtWipeRNQuote from Mar123I e-mailed Che, she told me that by May all application packets will be reviewed by councelor's. After, that they will be sent to the SF faculty where upon they'll decide on the list for the class roster and waiting list.Oh god I hope we don't have to wait 5 months to find out! I think that it must have taken that long because they accepted applications for coherts for 3 locations that start in the summer. Probably took a long time to sift through all of those applications. Fall has only 1 cohert...San Francisco. So hopefully it will be faster.:typing
I have a hunch that it may take upto August or September for us to get the final word. It may take +5 months.Last edit by CaptainButtWipeRN on Apr 8, '09
- 0Apr 8, '09 by CaptainButtWipeRNQuote from Mar123Che said on average there is 100 applicants when one location is open for enrollment. But that was on 03/02/09, the day after our applications were due. As I said before, USF has seen a 70% increase in applications for this term. If SMU has seen the same spike, the chances for a student who meets the minimum requirements may be less than 1/3 to get accepted.Anybody know how many applicants for this cohert?
I'm kinda worried, I'm not an academic stud. I'm at a 3.7 with the prereqs, 3.5 science prereqs, NET math 80 and NET reading 76. I'm relying on my essays that describe my experience as a Kaiser Volunteer, Police Officer and father to getting in.
If others reading this if you do not mind, please post your academic stats and work experience.Last edit by CaptainButtWipeRN on Apr 8, '09
- 0Apr 13, '09 by CaptainButtWipeRNMy guess was correct, there was an increase in applications. I received the following information in an e-mail...
Greetings from Samuel Merritt University. Thank you for your application to the ABSN program for the cohort starting in San Francisco in November 2009. Here are some important updates for you:
Applications for this cohort are up 73% over last year for a total of 194. This means we have an increase in applications to review so it is going to take us longer. Please bear with us.
We expect to seat a class of 48 in San Francisco for this cohort; we will also establish a waitlist of qualified applicants.
As we proceed with reviewing applications, complete files will receive first priority. Incomplete files may receive secondary consideration.
We expect to have final notification letters out mid-late July. Instructions will be provided in all waitlist letters about reclassification for the January 2010 (Sacramento and San Mateo) cohorts.
Eugenia Berdali, Admission Counselor, will be coordinating the application process. Please be watching for periodic updates from her.
At this time, please do not respond to this email. I appreciate how anxious you are about your file and we will handle it with care and consideration.
Director of Admission
Samuel Merritt University