Saddleback Nursing School, Spring 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Oct 1, '12 by catheringI had total 73. Before I applied, I met with a nursing counselor. And we filled out my application together. He told me that for the last couple years, usually students over 70 were pretty much safe. High sixties have a very good chance, and low sixties have been border line. He was very informative. I can MSG u his name if u want.
- Oct 4, '12 by ctgangelHi cathering,
I spoke to that counselor in fact and he told me i wouldn't get in! boy was he wrong! anyways i spoke with my teacher and she stated that they just started the pilot program with fullerton and that they only work with students who start in the fall. I am going to ask more questions during the paperwork session next week to find out exactly what they are offering to the spring class. My teacher also mentioned that only 10 students out of the 60 are actually able to be a part of it, so I am not sure how competitive it is to be one of those 10 students. What date are you going to do your initial paperwork? i go next friday. i can't wait i am so excited! sorry for the long post!
- Oct 4, '12 by catheringHi ctgangel,
Thanks for your response! And congrats (: my paperwork session is next Friday as well. I am also curious. I am hoping that they will have a BSN bridge program for our spring 13 entering class as well. That's definitely something I will have to ask if I get the chance next Friday. Haha well maybe ill see you Friday! So excited. Thanks again
- Oct 4, '12 by ctgangelHi Cathy,
I spoke with fullerton and they are not offering anything next spring. The students that are currently in the trail run won't even start until next fall and its for one year, meaning one semester longer than the ADN program. Unfortunately I don't think that any BSN bridge program will be starting with our class I want my BSN as well. My friend who just graduated from Saddlebacks nursing program is currently obtaining her BSN online and its a year long program. I will probably do that as well, that way i can work while continuing my classes. good luck and maybe ill see you next friday!
- Oct 23, '12 by dazzlechunkDoes anyone know if the nursing dept has gone through the 10 alternates yet? Still having faith that I can possibly get in if they call from the 1st pool applicants. Thanks!
- Oct 23, '12 by dazzlechunkI'm assuming they still have to do background checks and everything, so if they do still let more prople in, the newer people would need to get back ground checked last minute. Any idea when they do background checks?
- Oct 23, '12 by catheringFrom the paperwork session our background insurance and physical is due by nov 16th. I think itll probably be by then through the orientation which is in mid December. Good luck!!(:
- Oct 23, '12 by catheringQuote from dazzlechunkI did my background and got the results in 3-4 days (:I'm assuming they still have to do background checks and everything, so if they do still let more prople in, the newer people would need to get back ground checked last minute. Any idea when they do background checks?
- Oct 25, '12 by dazzlechunkThanks Cathy!
- Nov 25, '12 by ctgangeldazzle chunk don't worry they accept people up to the first week of school because some people get scared and figure out too late that they do not want to be a nurse.
cathering have you gotten your assignment yet? i got mission viejo/st. josephs i can't wait to start