Pasadena ADN Fall 2013Register Today!
- by ShyeoftheTiger Jan 31This will be my first semester applying to ADN programs! I am hoping to move to the Los Angeles area either for nursing school or after it; I just wondered if Pasadena Community College (PCC) gives favor to those already in the LA area. I mean, will they still take my application seriously even if I am in Northern California? I know for their Anesthesia Technician program, they ask for a statement of intent. Is that true for their ADN program?
Also, I took Microbiology 8 years ago (but I took Anatomy & Physiology last year). PCC website says it's "highly recommended" to take it within 5 years. Does anyone know of a case where someone took a science class more than 5 years ago and got in?
Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 3.71 (Micro: B, A&PI: A, A&PII: A)
Non-Science Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
*Need to work
TEAS V: 86%
- 2,242 Views
- Feb 1 by MeriwhenMoved just a bit to the CA State Nursing Programs forum for more targeted responses. Best of luck!
- Feb 2 by dorkiexcicii retook anatomy recently because it wasn't taken within 5 years. they recommend that you have the classes within 5 years.
- Feb 2 by dorkiexcicii live in orange county, but willing to move to pasadena. and i have a friend who lives in buena park and is currently in the program.
i'm going to the campus and dropping off my application and transcripts.
micro, anatomy, physio - all A's
i'm applying for the lvn-rn bridge program. so i don't know if the 5 year science criteria applies to regular admission
- Feb 2 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from ChristineLVN2RNInteresting... Did you apply before you retook it and not get in? I do plan to take micro again in the fall if I don't get into a program...i retook anatomy recently because it wasn't taken within 5 years. they recommend that you have the classes within 5 years.
- Feb 13 by ShyeoftheTigerOy! Of course my application gets lost in the mail :-l
Luckily, I have extra copies of everything including transcripts... I emailed pcc to see if by chance they got it anyway... Here's to hoping they have it and get back to me!
- Feb 15 by ShyeoftheTigerJust kidding... PCC received my application; they said they had everything they needed Whew!
- Feb 17 by dorkiexciciPCC is not NLNAC accredited? is this a problem? i heard many people say it is.
- Feb 17 by ShyeoftheTigerOnly one of the 5 schools I'm applying to is accredited by NLN... I don't think it matters. It definitely doesn't affect NCLEX pass rates!