Palomar RN New Grad Program - Page 11Register Today!
- Sep 23, '12 by ginalizarHeard they were not going to assign a department until after the 10 week training....BTW still waiting for the call but heard that from someone who did receive the call this morning
- Sep 23, '12 by twilight_saturnYeah, I know of someone else who received a call today too! Nice to see that they are working on the weekends as well! Slowly, but surely...we will all get our phone call! I can't wait to meet all of you! We have to wear something in common to identify ourselves....hmm
- Sep 24, '12 by Murse520I did not get my preference, but I am more than happy to work at the department they placed me in. I know what specialty area, but not what specific department. =)
- Sep 24, '12 by vwgirl22When they called me yesterday, she said they will decide on specific departments later on in training. So excited for us all! Counting down the days!
- Sep 24, '12 by me2hypr4uYay, I got my call and email today too! They have not specified who will be in what department yet. They will communicate that with you during your training. I'm not certain, but the way it was described was like if you requested Med-Surg during your interview, you may be working with a variety of Med-Surg settings during your training (ie. general M/S, M/S Oncology, and Progressive care units). After 3 months they will do a performance evaluation and if the reviews are positive, they may offer a permanent position in the unit they feel you will work best in.
- Sep 24, '12 by FireHorseNinjaI got the call today as well! Such a joy and relief. I can't wait until everyone gets their call and welcome letter as well. My conversation regarding unit/facility placement was the same as Metohypr4U and VWgirl! Some of us are slated for PMC and some for Pomerado. At this point we will all receive the same orientation to start, then by the end of the 10th week, we should have a better idea where the needs are, and where we fit, etc...
I'm feeling very blessed and grateful to have been selected. Not to mention my birthday is Thursday, and I couldn't have chosen a better gift! I'm most definitely on top of the world right now!
- Sep 26, '12 by gonza191How's it going peeps. Its Exciting to know we will be starting our journey in just a few weeks; can't wait to meet all of you, and may we all work together to get through this first hurtle in our careers. Congrats to you all.
FireHorseNinja: Happy Birthday! My birthday is tomorrow as well!!! Sep 27th!! this is the best birthday gift ive gotten....