lvn programs anywhere in californiaRegister Today!
- by fjeorgee Nov 28, '12I need some input on the lvn schools in cali. I'm a pre-nursing student from WA state and I've been waiting and waiting to get into any program (LPN or RN). I have finished all my prereqs but my grades arent very outstanding... i have a CNA license and have been working as a CNA for 2yrs now..... I know that its very competitive everywhere right now but I was hoping to take my chances in california (since there are more accredited schools there compared to washington). which schools are cheaper (affordable, less than $15k for the whole program), have good passing rates, and easier to get in (NO waiting lists)??....also Im considering the cost of living since ill be moving to cali just for school.
- 1,873 Views
- Feb 21 by kingkillIts very tough in Cali, especially the community colleges are heavily impacted, if your looking for a program under 15k. This goes for RN and LVN, your best bet is to apply in WA, because your first year you will have to establish California residency, which takes a complete year. The tuition will almost be triple and any of the CC, since they consider you a non-resident. Private may be the best option. Is there any particular area in California you are looking into?
- Feb 21 by fjeorgeesomeone told me about the adult schools there that offer LVN license. there's quite a lot but I haven't really looked into it. what do you know about it? do you recommend it??
- Feb 21 by MAtoLVNQuote from fjeorgeeThe adult schools where I live are very competitive and there are not many. They are highly impacted. Also very few cc's where I live offer the LVN program. I'm going to a private school that will cost $50,000 for lvn. I highly suggest staying out of Cali for school. Especially considering the high cost of living and that you won't have a job when moving here.someone told me about the adult schools there that offer LVN license. there's quite a lot but I haven't really looked into it. what do you know about it? do you recommend it??
- Feb 22 by Kati.EI am in a LVN program right now in central California and it is very competitive to get in but its an awesome program. We even have people who drive from an hour away everyday to school and someone who moved from Sacramento. Where about California are you moving to? I know schools in San D are almost impossible to get into.