HFENs (Health Facilities Evaluator Nurses) - Any out there?Register Today!
- by rrockstar88 Nov 15, '12Hi, everyone.
Thank you for reading! I am an RN, BSN in the San Francisco Bay Area of California interested in exploring the world of HFENs as a possible career move. As part of my research I am interested in hearing from some nurses that hold this position. Do you enjoy it? What makes it great? What makes it difficult? Just how much travel is really involved? And what the heck is the California State Civil Service exam all about?
Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
- 1,140 Views
- Nov 17, '12 by BlindsidedAre you evaluating the facility or the nurses in that facility?
- Nov 18, '12 by elkparkI worked as a surveyor for my state and CMS for several years, but not in CA. There are some existing threads here about surveying jobs in general, and HFEN in CA specifically -- have you tried doing a search?
- Nov 21, '12 by rrockstar88@Blindsided - the position evaluates the facility. @elkpark, I have tried doing a search but didn't find much. Maybe I'll give it another go. Thanks.
- Nov 23, '12 by elkparkhttp://allnurses.com/general-nursing...es-510210.html
Here are a few threads I found using "state surveyor" as a search term.
- Nov 23, '12 by rrockstar88Thank you so much!!