Dameron Hospital Summer 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 14, '12 by CaliRN<3Anyone get calls this week? Trying not to get discouraged, but they made calls so quickly after the first interviews that I'm starting to feel a little anxious because I have not heard back! Fingers crossed for all of us!
- Aug 18, '12 by edithjgJust an update for everyone, they will start making calls for third interviews at the end of next week. I did my second interview yesterday and did not 100% go as smoothly as it did in my head. You could definitely say I stuck my foot in my mouth on more than one occasion and pretty much started crying as soon as I got out of the room lol (funny now, not so funny yesterday). I hope they can see past that and realize I was just extremely nervous and can see that I would make an excellent nurse for their hospital. Good luck to all that are still in the running (hopefully including myself). If you didn't get a call back don't be too discouraged (easier said than done I know) and just keep on looking and applying. I mean people ARE getting old and they will HAVE to start retiring. Unless they have found some secret fountain of youth formula that they are just not telling us.
- Aug 20, '12 by CaliRN<3Thank you edithjg! That is great to know! And my second interview didnt go as smoothly as planned either.. I definitely messed up on a few questions, but I'm hoping that they understand that as new graduates we aren't always going to know what to do right away or how to handle new situations. Hopefully we will all be getting calls this week for third interviews with the CNO!
- Aug 23, '12 by ilovescrubsI just had my 2nd interview, and didn't do as well either. Especially after looking up the answers! Maybe if we all did bad, they wouldn't grade us too hard? :P But yeah, trying to stay positive too. I also heard that they won't get back till end of next week.
- Aug 23, '12 by edithjg^ LOL! That's the type of positive thinking I'm talking about :P Yes maybe if we all didn't do our best we'll all be ok??? haha. Did you just interview this week? I thought they said they would start contacting the end of this week (as in tomorrow) to conduct final interviews next week, but maybe (hopefully) I misunderstood. I hope we get calls back!!! If by a miracle of God I get a call back I'm freaking going to have an MI out of excitement.
- Aug 23, '12 by ilovescrubsHahah.. yeah i'll probably get a MI and a PVC! LOL..
The RN said next week, but I think I'm at the end of the cycle of 2nd interviews, so they might start making it sooner - hopefully. Also, I just had to ask - but I also asked if we were to get rejected, how long would it take to be notified. They didn't sound so sure, but they did mention it will be a while and most likely via mail.
But yes, let's stay positive and take it as a learning experience !
- Aug 24, '12 by edithjgThey started making calls today!! I just received my invite for a 3rd interview! I was shaking while talking on the phone, I almost thought I was having a seizure haha. I applied to the for the critical care unit. Hope you get a call soon!
- Aug 24, '12 by CaliRN<3WOOHOO!!!! Congrats!!! I got my call this morning too and couldn't be happier! Do you have any idea how many are interviewing for 3rd round? I was planning on asking but was too excited and forgot! LOL
- Aug 24, '12 by edithjgOh no I was way way too excited to ask. I'm pretty sure I said "Me?! Really you want me to come back for the 3rd interview?!" The rest is a blur, I'm surprised I wrote the date and time on a piece of paper lol. Here's what I do know: it's with the CNO (honestly I think it might be just her and maybe the department manager of the unit you are interested in), the interview will take up to 30 min, and bring your resume, letters of rec, transcripts, and essay. Good luck and who knows maybe we'll be colleges soon