CSULB Fall 2012 BSN - Page 3Register Today!
- I know a couple people in your lab though. :P
Yeah my head hurts from studying. There is too much information. I'm just re-reading my notes over and over. How are you studying?
Yeah, I need an A in micro and 90%+ on the TEAS just to score around 9.3.
- I only know one person in yours. Well I recognize others from chem140 that leave from the lab before me, maybe you're one of them haha!
I'm rereading my notes and reviewing the 2nd exam. I wish I did that for the first exam.
A 90%+ on the TEAS isn't impossible, but it is kind of weird how they score it. Total I got 137/150 questions right which is a 91.3% raw score, but they curve it to the difficulty of the test so I got a 88.7%, lame. Theres a good amount of anatomy/physio on it though. I actually scored highest in the science section. And there were a few things from microbio on it, like reading the genetic code chart, prokaryote/eukaryote and genotype/phenotype stuff. A 9.3 with a course in progress is a good score though. Close to mine if I get a B in micro. I'm retaking the TEAS next friday at csulb hopefully I can get a 90%+Last edit by Spiffyness on Dec 7, '11
- Haha did your instructor know you took pics of the exam? It should be helpful though.
I heard they don't reuse questions, but will test on the same concepts and obviously, there will be lots of questions on the new information (ELISA, enterotube, and bactercult).
Wow, a 137/150 is 88%. That does suck that it's weighted! Good luck on taking it again. I honestly think you have a competitive score, but if you can score higher, go for it! I'm glad I have the winter break to study for the TEAS, especially since I haven't taken anatomy yet.
- I'm pretty sure he saw me and other people doing that, don't think he really cared. The new info isn't that hard, I'm more worried about remembering stuff from exam 1.
That is good that you have winter break to study for it, I only had a week before the TEAS to study and I remember it was the week that we had the first lab exam so I was even more stressed.
- Yeah your instructor seems really laid-back, but too bad I have the best one.
I need to study up on ELISA. It still confuses me, especially interpreting the graphs. I'm worried about information on exam #1 as well. I forgot a lot of it.
At least you'll be retaking the TEAS at the end of finals week and then you can enjoy your break.
- Haha, I wouldn't doubt it. Nothing against my lab instructor though :P
Hmm I haven't gotten to reviewing the ELISA yet. Still studying the first exam notes. Do you happen to remember the stain used for fungi? Or is it just wet mount preparation?
- We used a wet mount for fungi. Don't forget about germ tubes.
- Germ tubes? Don't remember that
- Germ tubes are produced by Candida albicans from incomplete budding. Once nutrients are finished, germ tubes penetrate and look for new nutrient sources. We had to count them under a microscope on the first exam. Does it sound familiar now?
- Are you referring to the psuedohyphae?