CSUDH Entry MEPN - Fall 2011 - page 3
I didn't see a thread for CSUDH MEPN-- Fall 2011 so I thought I would start one. I plan on attending the Dec 2nd information session and this will be my 2nd time applying. I'm still nervous about the whole selection process but I... Read More
- 0Apr 20, '11 by onedayMAEbIt's good to know that I can stop waiting for that 'second SON acceptance letter' finally. haha. However, I emailed SON about the intent to enroll [just to dbl check it's submission] and I guess all that stuff about MEPN orientation/prereqs/securing your spot will come in a second letter from ----soon. For all the MEPN applicant hopefuls, he said they're still finalizing the class so don't give up yet. :]Last edit by dianah on May 25, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- 0May 15, '11 by JKR_SBHi all,
Congrats on your acceptance into the MEPN program! I started the program last year, but decided that nursing wasn't right for me after a few weeks. oh, and be ready to thrown down $600 at this meeting...last year they did not warn us about this ahead of time.Last edit by dianah on May 17, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting items for sale
- 0May 24, '11 by genzeyQuote from JKR_SBHi all,
Congrats on your acceptance into the MEPN program! I started the program last year, but decided that nursing wasn't right for me after a few weeks. oh, and be ready to thrown down $600 at this meeting...last year they did not warn us about this ahead of time.
What was the $600 for? the supply baG? what does it come with thats so expensive haha. When did csudh start last year for you guys? What are you up to now that nursing wasnt a good fit?
- 0May 24, '11 by JKR_SBHi Genzey,
It was $70 for the skills bag, $140 for a *specific* stethescope, some small things like a pen light, bandage scissors, etc. and the biggy was a Kaplan course to practice for the NCLEX that was about $400. Things may be different this year, but hopefully it's not more.
If you guys didn't read in earlier posts, you can see the Dove uniforms by using the code CSUDH. And these are an additional $200.
Like I mentioned above, if you guys are tight on money, another drop-out and I have a couple uniforms we hardly wore with patches already sewn on, our stethescopes, and the skills bag.
I returned to what I was doing before...environmental field. Touching people was just not the right path for me!
- 0May 24, '11 by genzeyHey I might take you up on that! I'll have to see at the orientation what kinda stuff they have us getting. I am looking on the Dove website now and it says that if the uniforms have patches on them then we cant exchange them for a different size.... if i order the 2 shirts, 2 pants, nametag and 2 patches, will dove automatically ship them with the patches sewn on the shirts or do we have to do that ourselves? I'm worried if they dont fit and already come with the patch on them then im screwed haha. Hmmm *specific* stethescope? I've got a really nice littmann, hopefully i dont get sucked into buying another one!
- 0May 25, '11 by JKR_SBYou have to sew the patches on yourself...or hire someone to do it. And the sizes run pretty big, so you should probably order a size smaller than you normally would buy. Mine are small tops and medium bottoms. My friend's are probably extra-small.
Don't believe what ---- says about you HAVING to get the stethescope he wants you to get. Your clinical instructors could care less what kind you have. In fact, our instructor told us to get the $20 one so we didn't lose our expensive ones...Last edit by dianah on May 25, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- 0May 27, '11 by patiently-waitingis any one planning on working while in school. ive been looking at nursing jobs and they all say they want experience of at least a year. i have my cna cert and ive been looking for jobs but i really dont want to work at a nusring home becaue they dont pay well 10 bucks i so cant live off of and the work is brutal . any one know of where i should apply or know of a hositpal that is hiring like even for a low level job , thanks :0