CSU Channel Islands Spring 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- I agree... I get the feeling that the staff is extremely organized and have put a lot of care and thought into this program. Limiting it to only 23 people is telling us how much they care about us as opposed to other programs that pack the classrooms full of hundreds of nursing students just to get more money.
When I applied to the Master's entry program at UCLA, I was treated like crap because I was older, and they were clearly discriminating against people who weren't in their 20's or early 30's. I even appealed their decision and got the most BS letter manipulating their statistics. CSUCI looked at me as a whole person and looked at my school history with a holistic point of view and selected me based on their faith in me. I'm truly honored and humbled to be a part of this new program.
- Oct 19, '11 by futuresocalnurse805I agree. I went into the nursing office to turn in my acceptance form because I wanted to hand it in personally and not worry that it got lost in the mail! ---- was there and when I told her my name she acted like she knew me and recalled specific things from my application! I was really impressed and happy to know that they took the time to review my info that closely and I wasn't just an application number!Last edit by dianah on Oct 19, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- That's cool, but remember not to post names on here... it's against allnurses policy and they will scold you and edit your post... <3
I too am very impressed about the process... I look forward to meeting everyone... I was accepted to two other programs, but I chose this one because of the personal nature and small size.
- Oct 19, '11 by futuresocalnurse805Oops! Have to be careful! What others did you get into?
- Oct 24, '11 by BeachsideNicI heard from the University today, and I'm officially in! I didn't think there would be a problem, but I can now breathe a little easier now that it's official...It took a little longer, because they had to reclassify me as a post-baccalaureate due to my prior BS. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday!
- Oct 28, '11 by BeachsideNicSo what are everyone's opinions about the orientation today? How is everyone feeling? Concerns?
- Oct 28, '11 by futuresocalnurse805It was a little overwhelming! I'm excited though...how about you?