Concordia University Irvine ABSN Summer 2012 - Page 13Register Today!
- Jul 13, '12 by EhKim86I thought they only had summer and fall term start dates?
- Aug 1, '12 by ZtukhiHi guys! I'm starting the online theology portion soon. I was wondering if anyone was going to sell their books. Thanks.
- Oct 16, '12 by matthew2005Any men apply to the program and got accepted?
- Oct 27, '12 by cubanrobYup, 7 of us got in to summer 2012 cohort.
- Oct 27, '12 by EhKim86Cubanrob, how are the core classes going so far? Your cohort just finished the theology classes and started about a month or two ago, correct? I'm anxious to find out how the program is from an "insiders" perspective. I'm applying for summer 2013, but I'll have Stats pending by application deadline.
- Oct 28, '12 by cubanrobPrepare. Prepare to be challenged, tested and have your world become nursing school. Since the start of the program my foot has not come off of the gas pedal. That is what it takes to stay ahead and not fall behind. Those who seek this program mainly want to get done ASAP and do it at a great university. Concordia will get you to your goals and they want you to succeed. Not just because they want thier NCLEX pass rates to be high, which they are, but they really take the time to sit and counsel each person. So, the classes are tough, but we know that because it's a accelerated program. The great thing is the people who are in the program with you. I can honestly say that when I came to the program i thought I would get in ,get straight A's, and get out. I told myself it's all business and get through it. I did really well in pre reqs and had a good amount of healthcare experience. A few months in and I have decent to good grades, but the people have become my school family. They are the icing on the cake and make the stress of school tolerable. Now that we are in and going through this we love to encourage, help, and see eachother succeed. Besides my wife and son, my school family has become my biggest cheerleaders. Enjoy yours, you will need them so so so much. I can't say enough good things about them and how amazing they are.
Ok, so, first semester is hard and it will push you to your limit. The classes are hard because you will go from having answers which are obvious and easily recognized during pre reqs to nursing school questions that will test your critical thinking skills and you may have 3 right answers and your job is to pick the MORE right answer. Your head will spin because you will try to justify all 3 or 4 answers as to why they are the more right answer and before you know it your time to take the test has flown by.
Enough rambling and run on sentences. The program is tough, the people are great, get ready for your world to literally become all about nursing school.
** PM me if you want more specifics or an answer to a certain question.Last edit by cubanrob on Oct 28, '12 : Reason: Iphone
- Nov 20, '12 by doulajessI can second everything cubanrob said. This program is amazing, I love the professors and they expect a ton from us, but they have every right to, this is what we signed up for! I have had lots of hard days, but the support I have had from faculty and my cohort has gotten me through. The people have met in this program are some of the most incredible people! I feel humbled and grateful to be in this program with them. We really are family. Leave your competitive spirit at the door and embrace the gift of your peers. You will need each other. Recognize that surviving is thriving and before you know it you will be nearly done with sophomore semester and amazed and how far you have come, how much you have learned and how much you have found out about YOU.
- Jan 25 by EhKim86Ok, so it's January 24, and applications for Summer 2013 are due in a little over a week! Can anyone offer me any tips? I keep getting stuck on the statement of intent. I remember several people saying it bears a lot of weight as to whether one gets invited for an interview. I have all A's in prereqs except m=Micro (B) and English 101 (B-) with stats pending. I have some volunteer experience and my undergrad GPA was about 3.25. Is that competitive enough to get into the program? I hope so! Getting so nervous over here!
- Jan 27 by 3shaaaHi! I'm applying to the Fall 2013 program and looking for some advice from past applicants as well! Seeing that you're applying for the Summer 2013 cohort, please let me know about any updates!
- Feb 16 by LeftAtrium82Hi hmb29.. I'm kinda new on this site so I thought I had to add you as a friend to send you a message. I read that you had an interview with UofA last year. I just had mine via skype with UofA too but I was waitlisted for this coming summer.
Were you offered admission from UofA last year??