CHLA RN Residency Program September 2012 - Page 20Register Today!
- Jul 5, '12 by JanetForeverCongrats! I got a call to schedule a physical and drug calculation test a few days ago. Anyone here get accepted into BMT/Oncology?
- Jul 5, '12 by tee0220same here .. congrats !! =)
- Jul 6, '12 by alibeanCongratulations everyone... I really hope to be in your shoes one day. I was hoping if anyone out there could help me? I am juggling between two nursing programs. I have been accepted into a BSN at a school that offers NO preceptorship. Do you think this would hurt me and my chances for CHLA residency? I have also been accepted into an ADN program at a revered school that offers a preceptorship, however I believe CHLA doesn't take ADNs? Any insight would be so appreciated!
- Jul 7, '12 by JanetForever@alibean, I say go for the BSN. You can apply to a preceptorship/ externship that is outside of your school. For example I applied to the UCSD preceptorship on my own and got it, then it just had to be approved by SDSU. Check with your school to make sure this is possible and make sure to ask them if previous students did this. Hope this helps.
- Jul 7, '12 by alibeanThank you SO much @JanetForever.This helps me a ton. I am going to do exactly what you suggest! Many thanks and best wishes!
- Jul 16, '12 by rast00957hi to all!
i'm planning to apply for the march 2013 cohort. i read that there's a letter of intent as part of the application. i would like to know if they give you a question to be answered in the letter of intent and, if yes, what do they ask. i will appreciate your response. wishing good luck to you all!Last edit by rast00957 on Jul 16, '12 : Reason: mispell
- Aug 24, '12 by tee0220is anyone going to the luncheon ?
- Aug 24, '12 by JanetForeverI'll be there tomorrow. Can't wait to meet all the RN Residents!
- Sep 8, '12 by SDnurse2011Quote from rast00957Hi Rast,hi to all!
i'm planning to apply for the march 2013 cohort. i read that there's a letter of intent as part of the application. i would like to know if they give you a question to be answered in the letter of intent and, if yes, what do they ask. i will appreciate your response. wishing good luck to you all!
I'll be applying this time around too, and wondered the same thing. I hope some of the successful new grads that got the positions of their choice will respond and give us newbies some great advice!
- Sep 8, '12 by JanetForeverThe letter of intent was pretty much freestyle with a 500 word limit. We basically had to explain why we picked the unit of our choice. Good luck!