CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Nov 6, '12 by chantzi have no idea, but yes that would be nice.... i'm afraid they will ask scenario questions. they probably will, huh?
- Nov 6, '12 by spanglecQuote from chantzi would love for there to only be one interview haha dont have to get all nervous twice! im sure there will be but they are usually explain a difficult patient and all those kind of questions that im sure you have some kind of story for! youll do great dont worryi have no idea, but yes that would be nice.... i'm afraid they will ask scenario questions. they probably will, huh?Last edit by spanglec on Nov 6, '12
- Nov 6, '12 by heartbOOHello Everyone!
I finally caved and decided to join in on posting instead of just reading all of yours..I applied for the CTICU and had my preliminary interview last week. The very nice HR person that checks us in told me that there are 20 people that made it to preliminaries for CTICU. Not sure how many made it for all the other units. So I can only assume that half would get cut before the 2nd interview. I felt really good after initially walking out of my interview but who knows...on retrospect I am not quite sure anymore. The interviewers were very nice and upbeat - not scary, still nerve wracking.
I am currently waiting for the 19th to hear about the 2nd interview (if I get to that point). I am now just studying everything cardiac and thoracic related..anyone that has been through the experience know what I can do to prep myself just in case I do get called for round 2?
Thanks! GL everyone!
- Nov 6, '12 by houseblewI got a call for the second interview!!! eeek!! so flipping nervous, but excited. I was told it would be Nov 28th, that its for the PICU, and I would be meeting with the hiring managers. The numbers are down to 15 applicants, with 4-6 spots. So excited that I have enough time to buy a plane ticket this time, instead of driving 12 hours in 2 days. Good luck to everyone else! be sure to post when you get your calls!
- Nov 6, '12 by TC_RNIs BMT interviewing? My first choice was BMT but got a call for Hem/onc which was my second choice. I wasn't sure if they overlap or something because I think I read somewhere that someone is interviewing for both?
- Nov 7, '12 by babyrn88Congrats everyone who is being called! I am jealous that your first interview is out of the way -- starting to get pretty anxious for mine! Good luck with your second interview, and to everyone who is still waiting to be called.
@TC_RN I was curious about that too because I hadn't heard of anyone being interviewed for BMT. My first choice was hem/onc which is the unit I was told I was interviewing for, but I was curious if there was overlap because I haven't heard anything else about BMT. I think most people have BMT and hem/onc as a pair for their choices so I'm curious about how it will be handled.