CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - Page 18Register Today!
- Oct 31, '12 by itsnoworneverQuote from spanglecBecause she was hired onto the floor she was already working on. Just because you are a new grad doesn't mean you MUST get hired into the new grad program. My hospital has one, and I was hired outside of it.how did she get a job as an RN not in the new grad program?
- Oct 31, '12 by spanglecQuote from itsnoworneveroh huh interesting seriously like every position outside of new grad programs i get denied on but cool congrats to you and your friend then!Because she was hired onto the floor she was already working on. Just because you are a new grad doesn't mean you MUST get hired into the new grad program. My hospital has one, and I was hired outside of it.
- Oct 31, '12 by mar4160Big congrats to you, spanglec!!! Hope your interview goes well. My only advice for interviewing is to be yourself and make sure you ask some questions, but don't sound rehearsed (it'll make you sound less genuine and interviewers see right through it.) Ask a question about the program specifically and the hospital as a whole, if you only ask 2. This is something you've worked hard for, just speak from the heart and you'll make them see why they NEED you. Let us know how it goes!
(still praying over here for a call, but my hope is fading. Whatever is meant to be, I suppose.)
- Oct 31, '12 by babyrn88I also heard back from heme/onc! My interview is a week from Friday in BARTH. And it's a week before my due date, so ... hopefully the baby hangs on until right AFTER the interview.
- Oct 31, '12 by babyrn88And mar4160, I just barely heard... you still have a few minutes. I hope you get called!
- Oct 31, '12 by spanglecthank you everyone and yay congrats babyrn!! and my fingers are still crossed for you mar4160
- Oct 31, '12 by mar4160Congrats to you, too, BabyRN88!!! Hope that baby hangs on until after your interview. And thanks for the well wishes (you too, spanglec). Unless they for some reason are still making calls tomorrow and I get called then, I'm thinking it's a no go. Best wishes to everyone who has made it to the interview round, hope you all get chosen and have much success at one of the top hospital's in the nation!
- Oct 31, '12 by Peds143Congrats @babyrn88!!
- Oct 31, '12 by Peds143arrr matey! Did anyone interview for the CV acute unit? If so, were you able to ask for their business cards? It was such a speedy interview!
- Oct 31, '12 by lisajRN9I got called to interview for Hem/onc & bmt next Friday! I'm so excited! This is my dream job! Hope everyone else hears soon!