Dream job offer--pediatric burns!!!Register Today!
- by andre May 11, '05I'm a new grad and I've been offered a job in a Shriners hospital....anyone have any experiences to share about Shriners' new grad program? Goodness, I feel so honored and excited....and, well, petrified! I never thought I'd be hired--it was a total long shot and now here I am!
So......I'll take any advice, pep talks, reality checks, experiences....please?
- 4,929 Views
- May 11, '05 by nesherCongratulations! You are saint to want to work with kiddie burn patients!
- May 19, '05 by andreQuote from nesherCongratulations! You are saint to want to work with kiddie burn patients!
No, I'm not a saint.....but I love peds and I guess I like "hard" stuff (my other love is oncology). I officially accepted the offer and will start after I pass my boards.....
I sure wish this forum was a bit more lively :uhoh21: ....
- May 20, '05 by leslie :-Di was offered a job at shriner's and inevitably declined it.
it was my dh who talked me out of it as i just couldn't handle anticipating the suffering, the crying, the painful dsg changes....it does indeed, take a special type of person to be able to deal with this.
so with that said, congratulations; i'm sure you'll do wonderfully.
i too love children- just can't see them suffer.
but then again, as a hospice nurse, there are many who could not assist in helping someone die.
so i do think we end up where we fit best.
much luck to you!
- Mar 22, '12 by What would Flo DoAndrea,
Can I get an update please? I am about to graduate from a nursing program and got a call today from Shriner's Hospital about a PICU position that I applied for. I meet with them next Thursday. So excited/nervous.
- Aug 7, '12 by SNJessicaI did my senior role transition at Shriners. It was the best experience of my life. If I hadn't moved right after graduation I would have done everything in my power to get a job there. Good luck to you!!