Hello, Will Be New Burn Nurse HereRegister Today!
- by NurseLay Sep 18, '08Hi all, I have just left the PICU and all of my beautiful kids behind I am quite sad about that, however, I will be going to the exciting world of burn, and they take kids! So I wont be leaving them completely. I am excited about working with the burn patient population. I'm sure that I will learn a lot in the Burn unit and learn how to manage pulmonary issues and I'm guessing a little bit of cardiac as well.
Any advice for the "new grad" entering burn nursing is welcomed.
Thanks in advance
- Sep 27, '08 by samehelyantake care from pt's circulation and fluid volume
- Oct 12, '08 by land27It's a bit hot at times (any big drsg change)..dress light
- Mar 13, '09 by gambutrolpain management and dressing changes will take most of your time. Fluid resuscitation is very crtical especially in the first 24-48 hours
- Mar 13, '09 by janfrnWe in PICU are sorry to see you go. Please come back and visit!