Hello, Will Be New Burn Nurse HereRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Hello, Will Be New Burn Nurse Here in Burn ICU / Burn Unit Critical Care, part of Critical Care Nursing ... Hi all, I have just left the PICU and all of my beautiful kids behind:bluecry1: I am quite sad...by NurseLay Sep 18, '08Hi all, I have just left the PICU and all of my beautiful kids behind I am quite sad about that, however, I will be going to the exciting world of burn, and they take kids! So I wont be leaving them completely. I am excited about working with the burn patient population. I'm sure that I will learn a lot in the Burn unit and learn how to manage pulmonary issues and I'm guessing a little bit of cardiac as well.
Any advice for the "new grad" entering burn nursing is welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=334733©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,243 Views
- Sep 18, '08 by BertRN07Welcome to the wonderful world of burns... =) All I can say is fluids, fluids, fluids!!! And some major wound care too!!
- Sep 27, '08 by samehelyantake care from pt's circulation and fluid volume
- Oct 12, '08 by land27It's a bit hot at times (any big drsg change)..dress light
- Mar 13, '09 by gambutrolpain management and dressing changes will take most of your time. Fluid resuscitation is very crtical especially in the first 24-48 hours
- Mar 13, '09 by janfrnWe in PICU are sorry to see you go. Please come back and visit!