WOOO PIG SOOIE ARKANSAS Introductions!! - Page 7Register Today!
- Jun 8, '06 by chioma829Quote from ctuckeri thought about applying to SAU if I dont get accepted to UAlr or Baptist. How is their program?Hey all I am from south arkansas almost lousisanna. I have been a nurse for 6 years graduated form SAU magnolia for my ADN and then UAMS in little rock for by BSN.Last edit by sirI on Jun 19, '06
- Jun 18, '06 by JusthereJust thought the Arkansas post needed a boost. So if you are from Arkansas I just wanted to tell you HOWDEE.Last edit by sirI on Jun 19, '06
- Jun 19, '06 by tatgirlHowdeeee!!! lol. I used to live in Fort Smith for 10 years. I have family who live in Plumerville (between Conway and Morrilton). I now live in VA.
WendyLast edit by sirI on Jun 19, '06
- Jun 24, '06 by JusthereHope I'm ready for NCLEX, I moved my date up from July 7th to June 27th, keep me in your prayers everybody.
- Jun 27, '06 by JvilleredheadHey everybody! I am a LPN, worked for Baptist last 4 years, just started on my ASN/RN with excelsior. I know a few RN's who have gone through the program and done really well. Have 2 kids and work full time, just don't have the time and schedule available to go to school around here. I went to school at Baptist, it was a good school, but lots of politics. I work on a med/surg floor...mostly post-surgery patients and I love it. If any of you have gone through excelsior, let me know about your experiences!
- Oct 12, '06 by k9's momJvilleredhead
I didn't go thru the excelsior program but I have a friend that did and she's doing fine! Best of luck to ya!:studyowl:
Just want to add that Baptist was wonderful when I had my youngest son 6 weeks early (34 wk gestation). I was rushed down from northern AR dx'd with the HELLP sydrome. We had a good outcome with everything that was going on!!! Whew...I think they saved us both! Can't say enough good things about Baptist from a patient perspective, wouldn't mind working there if I didn't live 150 miles away (one direction).Last edit by k9's mom on Oct 12, '06
- Mar 10, '07 by driver53I liked that sentiment....I used to work in geriatrics in Searcy and I worked Home Health for years. That time of keeping the elderly in their homes and happy was the best time of my life. I never quite learned not to take it hard when they died. So Kandee...you still doing geriatrics? TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK
- Mar 23, '07 by mo-moAloha, ya'll!
I'm an Arkansas native (anyone heard of Van Buren County?). I've moved around a lot, been in Hawaii for about 2 years. Haven't lived in Arkansas since 92, but my folks are getting older and I'm thinking about going back.
Anyway I'm enjoying reading the forums and getting some idea of what i'm getting into.
Most importantly, I am still a Razorbacks fan...and VERY disappointed in their performance in the 1st round :smackingf
(sigh) Maybe next year!
- Mar 29, '07 by driver53Haven't lived in Arkansas since 92, but my folks are getting older and I'm thinking about going back
Yeah, that makes a big difference, having aging folks. Mine are both dead. Two of my brothers have died while I've been living in England. Relatives so far away can be a hairy situation. My son still lives in Ar. SOOOOIE!
- Mar 29, '07 by tatgirlI lived in Fort Smith for over 10 years. We moved back to Va 3 years ago. My parents live in Plumerville Ar which is about 60 minutes away from Little Rock.