UAMS- summer 2010Register Today!
- by proctack3 Feb 3, '10Looks like the UAMS deadline is fast approaching, looking to see who all waiting to find out status for starting the BSN program summer 2010. Good luck to all awaiting.
- i'm one of those waiting. pretty sure the deadline passed a couple days ago. I think they are allowing things postmarked today though due to the weather last week.
- Good luck to all of you!! I started there last summer.
did you ever hear avg GPA for your group. I was kinda disheartened to hear that they don't care about upward trends from older students... they just say "here's your gpa". Maybe I understood them wrong. Not that mine are "bad" but my MS degree and last 60 were loads better than my gpa 15 years ago!
- I don't know what they are planning to do this year but for the last couple of years I think they have pretty much taken everyone above a 2.5 I don't know what the avg was but I do know some people close to 2.5 that were accepted. The bad part about that is it seems we have a fair amount who get accepted and fail out.
- I guess you get some of that with a class size that big. I asked my wife the same thing.. how do they fill a class that size full of new grads/sophomores with gpas all over 3.0-4.0. I just don't think there are that many being produced in central AR.
i'm looking forward to hearing from them soon. Just don't want the "oh you forgot to take this class" letter
- I'm sure you will be fine. Let me know if you have any other questions. I also have prior degrees and had worked in other fields but not medical.
Good luck to you.
- thanks CA.. yeah.. one in biology, one in IT. time for a change though
- Feb 3, '10 by proctack3I was looking at some of last years message boards and saw that around Feb 23,24 many were receiving letters. I too don't want to get that letter stating "you forgot to take this class". Did receive an email suggesting to go ahead and apply for CON scholarship.
- Mar 4, '10 by beau89Has anyone heard anything more about the applications? I heard they had over 450 people apply for the BSN program this year, making it really competitive. Just wondering if anyone has gotten accepted yet or heard anything??