UAMS- summer 2010 - Page 5Register Today!
- Mar 28, '10 by acarson1beau what's you name I got accepted too.Last edit by sirI on May 7, '10 : Reason: please do not refer/link to facebook per TOS
- Apr 14, '10 by The ProfessionalIt's probably a little bit late for most of you, but UAMS sent out 15 letters on April 8th. I'm not sure what cumulative GPA they're for, but it seems that, aside from those who don't finish their classes for conditional admission, there won't be many more accepted.
- May 7, '10 by Mh2011Hi everyone, I just finished my first year
Congratulations on your acceptance!Last edit by sirI on May 7, '10
- May 7, '10 by The Professionalany advice for 1st-year students?
- May 8, '10 by Mh2011-Stay organized
-Check your email often
-Know your APA citation
-It iS possible to get by without books after the first semester. You have ATI books, powerpoints, class notes anyways.
-Take the ATI exams seriously. I know several people who pass the class and then not pass the ATI exam--then they have to remediate the next Summer.
-Don't let instructors intimidate you (Most are wonderful anyway, though!)
-If you don't have one already, now is to time to grow that thick skin
-Watch what you say, anyone can be listening.
-Keep the big picture in mind, it helps during times of frustration
- May 8, '10 by booklovinrnMh2011 gave some really good advice. I am also finishing up my first year and I would add be very flexible. Your schedule will be crazy and could change. Also if you have children where you need day care make sure you have a very dependable situation with back ups. Missing class/clinicals especially the first summer is not an option.
Good luck and try to enjoy!
- May 8, '10 by The ProfessionalThat you very much for the advice! T-minus: 16 days!
- May 9, '10 by Mh2011Oh, I forgot to mention--
If you plan to buy books once the specialty rotations begin (Peds/OB/Psych,) you might want to find a person from each of the other two rotations that are buying as well. Then you can trade them for each rotation.