East Arkansas Community College, Forrest CityRegister Today!
- by donna64 Feb 11, '06Hi..has any gone to or going to East Arkansas Community College in Forrest City, AR? I am thinking about applying and would like to know about the nursing program there...have had a bad experience with one already and would like some past or current students experiences before making my decision to apply..thanks and have a good night:spin:
- 3,783 Views
- Feb 12, '06 by sirIQuote from donna64hello, donna64hi..has any gone to or going to east arkansas community college in forrest city, ar? i am thinking about applying and would like to know about the nursing program there...have had a bad experience with one already and would like some past or current students experiences before making my decision to apply..thanks and have a good night:spin:
welcome to the arkansas forum:hatparty:
i am familiar with the pn program there only.
i want to wish you luck in your pursuit of nursing as a career. sorry you have had a bad experience. hope all goes well now.
- Apr 14, '06 by tryingtomakeitHi there!
I graduated from EACC. There are a lot of new instructors who have come onboard since I graduated, so I can't really tell you what it is like now. When I graduated, I went into labor and delivery - which is a hard field to go into fresh from school, but I handled it well, so that must say something for the program there.
If there are any specific questions I can help you with, feel free to send me a private message and I will try my best to answer your questions!Last edit by tryingtomakeit on Apr 14, '06
- Apr 14, '06 by Angels'donna64
Welcome to allnurses.com
- Feb 26, '07 by kito4149I am currently taking my pre-recs to get into the nursing program here. The only advice I can give is to have a strong support base and time to learn the material (not study, LEARN!).
- Mar 25, '07 by donna64Hey and thanks. I am currently in the 2nd semester of the nursing program at EACC and am loving it. The teachers are tough and the material is hard but if you study you can do well. Let me know if you need any pointers. Thanks
- Mar 30, '09 by Shandra2008Hey everyone! I am looking into some nursing programs in Memphis and surrounding areas and I found out about EACC! I would like to know everyone's entering experience! Was it hard to get in? What was your GPA? What do they look at the most when looking at applications? Do you have to interview? Just basic entry questions! Thanks so much!:wink2:
- Mar 30, '09 by kito4149It is very competitive. I had a 4.0 when I got in; I think you need a 2.5-3.0 and you have to pass a couple of tests; you MUST have the prerequisites done before they even consider you (A&P I and II, algebra, microbiology, English comp I and II, general and developmental psych, sociology/anthropology, computer fundamentals and a few I don't remember) And if you don't pass the ATI tests at the end of each semster you will not advance. But my experience has been great- a word of caution:redlight:- you have to stay on top of the reading and out of class assignments and most importantly stay on top of Peds and Maternal Child/OB. Other than that I really hope you get in!!!
- Mar 30, '09 by Shandra2008Thanks so much!