Accelerated BSN program at ASU
- 0Feb 11, '09 by arieschicAnyone out there apply to the accelerated program at ASU? Does anyone know anything about the program?
- 0Feb 12, '09 by srleslieHere is the website below:
The advisor, can be concated via her email at the bottom of the page. Your question is too vague for me to answer. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happty to tell you what i know.
RyanLast edit by sirI on Feb 12, '09 : Reason: please do not post names of individuals on the public boards
- 0Feb 26, '09 by srleslieArsiechic, all of your questions can be answered by contacting Jenafer Way who is listed on the ASU ABSN webage. It's great to asks questions here, but I encourage you to take some initiative and find the answers on your own. ASU is the original source of information. Jenafer Way can help you with any questions you have. That's why she is there.
If you would look at the webpage, you will see the minimum GPA is 2.5. Last year they accepted about 15 people and the cutoff was around 3.4. I found that out by asking Jenafer a while back. They will also look at your last 60 hours if it is higher.
- 0Feb 26, '09 by arieschicI did contact the school and go to their website. The only information that I received was that the number of students varies each year, and I could not get a cutoff on GPA - not much help. So I was hoping that by posting I might be able to talk to someone that has been through the program, and get a better idea of just how tough it is. I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you , but thanks for the info.
- 0Feb 26, '09 by wakeboardingfanaticI am also curious about the accelerated BSN program at ASU. I have spoken to Debra Walden several times and got the same answers as you except she told me the "thinks" the average cumulative GPA last year was a 3.6. They do in fact take the GPA of your last 60 hours if it is higher. I also gave her my last 30 hours as well just because it says last 30 hours on their website for their traditional BSN program. I am trying to decide between UAMS BSN program and the accelerated BSN program in Jonesboro!
If you find out anymore info about this program please post and I will do the same!
- 0Feb 26, '09 by HealthNut12I hope that someone on this forum will be able to tell us a little more about the program as well, arieschic. Don't get down- hopefully someone will read this that is in the program or graduated from it!!
wakeboardingfanatic I feel the same as you too- If I hear of anything else I will post asap! It would be nice to hear from students or former graduates!!
I am also trying to decide between a traditional BSN program or the ABSN. Does anyone know the cost comparison between the two?
- 0Feb 27, '09 by arieschicI am also trying to decide between the accelerated or the traditional. I have heard from a doctor in the Jonesboro area that the accelerated program is pretty rigorous, but I have yet to talk to anyone that has gone through the program. Acceptance letters are not sent out for the accelerated program until after school has already started at UAMS - not very convenient for people trying to decide which program to attend. Good luck to everyone and if I hear anything else I will let everyone know!!
- 0Mar 26, '09 by JoycMarrThe Acc. BSN program at ASU is very fast-paced and it is difficult to work while attending, because of the amount of clinical time and study time, but for someone who already has a degree and needs to get through something fast, this is ideal. It is very competitive to get in, and not many spots (I think they are accepting around 15 students each year) and the average GPA is around 3.5. I hope in the future they interview students also, because sometimes the highest GPA don't always make the best nurses, and I think ASU is finally realizing that, both for their traditional BSN and the accelerated. Just my 2 cents.