Past DUI? - page 2
Does anyone know if having a DUI in the past will make getting an RN or a job in the health care field impossible or difficult? One hears rumors, but I'm looking for information on any barriers... Read More
Aug 26, '07I am currently working at an RN and i just got A DWI it should soon be dropped to a DUI but i'm concerned about what will happen when i have to renew my liscense will they take my lisecense away?? I dont know if it is different for each state but does anyone know what new yorks policy for that is?
Aug 26, '07questions we seem to be encountering more and more often have to do with the effects of a criminal history on nursing licensure:
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a criminal history?
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a mip, dui, or other related charges?
- what happens if you are charged or convicted of a crime after licensure?
- can i go to and/or be licensed if my record has been sealed or expunged?
- will i be able to go to nursing school with a criminal record?
- what can happen if i receive a mip/dui/dwi or other charge while still in school?
please refer to this thread for other information:
nursing licensure with a criminal history