NAU accelerated BSN 2013 applicants - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 14 by dsb_famI was number 5 on the list.
- Mar 15 by adbnauStacey that's great. Congratulations!!!
- Mar 25 by jl31911Congratulations dsb_fam, good to hear!
- Apr 20 by Ckhicks30Hey everyone,
My name is Christine and I am also in the aBSN 2013 program. I am looking forward to meeting all of you in a few weeks! Is anyone else as nervous as I am?
- Apr 22 by dsb_famHi Christine, I'm Stacey. I am nervous also, and have been trying to get my books, scrubs, etc. all lined out. Have you purchased your books yet?
- Apr 26 by Ckhicks30Hey Stacey,
I purchased some scrubs from the bookstore but I haven't bought anything else yet. I was planning to buy books with financial aid money but it appears that will not disburse until May 28th, so I might need a Plan B!
- Apr 27 by ewilbertI'm excited to meet all of you in just a few short weeks! I spoke with ----------------yesterday (she's one of the nursing staff) and she said that we will have plenty of time in the afternoon of the first day to get scrubs, badge and everything else lined out. In fact, I think she even said that someone comes to talk about scrubs...What's everyone doing about books, just buying the ones for the May course? I found them for much less than the bookstore on Amazon if anyone is interested.Last edit by dianah on Apr 27 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Apr 28 by jl31911Hey all,
Sounds like you all are getting ready and excited for your year of nursing. For anyone newer on here, I am just finishing up the program you will be starting in a a few short few weeks. Books are cheaper on amazon, and some of them you can even rent on amazon. The bigger text books I kept for reference when working as a nurse. As far as scrubs, someone does talk to you. There is a store (Northland Medical) that sold NAU scrubs, as well the bookstore. I liked the scrubs at Northland better than those at the bookstore. I am assuming that Northland hasn't discontinued selling them over this last year. Also Northland offered embroidering for I believe 5 dollars a scrub for thos who want a perticular brand of scrub. Congratulations and good luck to all of you that will be starting shortly.
- Apr 28 by Ckhicks30Hey jl31911,
Congratulations on finishing the program (well almost!), are there any subjects you wish you had freshened up on before you started your first class?
- Apr 29 by adbnaujl31911-
Thank for your posts, it's good to get insight from someone who has already do this. Is there anything you wish you had known before you started or tips that helped you along the way? Also how are the job prospects? Did you make any good connections through the program?