NAU accelerated BSN 2013 applicants - page 2
by schershmelshnac | 12,209 Views | 63 Comments
Hello Internet, did anyone out there apply to the NAU aBSN for 2013? I never post on these things but we have a long 6 to 8 week wait ahead of us so it seems like a reasonable way to procrastinate.... Read More
- 0Feb 8, '13 by rylin86If it was up to me I would go to OHSU for sure. It is a great school and it's close to my family which would be helpful. But I would be overjoyed to be accepted anywhere! I feel confident most of the time, but sometimes I am just so nervous! But I've worked really hard, so if I don't make it this round I'll just keep trying until I do
- 0Feb 12, '13 by rylin86Quote from jl31911Do you remember about when last year you received you acceptance letter?Hello all,
I thought I would pop in and say hi. I am currently an NAU accelerated student, getting ready to graduate in May. If anyone has any questions, let me know, I'll do my best to answer. Good luck to everyone waiting.
- 1Feb 14, '13 by jl31911Rylin86 - Thanks. As far as breaks, yes you do get breaks. There is one that is about 2 weeks between summer semester and fall semester. Also we get off the schools winter break. It runs about a month and for me it was nice cause I got to go home and visit family and friends. We do also get spring break coming up, but it'll be a little less of a break as I am going to be working on applications.
As far as the acceptance letter. . . that feels like so long ago. . . I believe I got mine in late Febuary, but really thats a guess. For me it was a quick turn from acceptance letter to program start, as I was coming from out of state, but I had time to get everything together and find a place.
Adbnau - those questions are a little harder to answer . . . because really . . .it depends. Hardest class has really depended on what you enjoy and how you learn. You ask each of my classmates and you'll get a different answer. Semester wise summer was intense. It is a lot of learning for several classes plus some clinicals. Fall wasn't easy, it was just less busy/intense. Spring semester (only a month in) but it starts off busy, a lot more on your own stuff. I hope that helps. As far as clinicals, for traveling, again it depends. Last month of spring semester (your preceptorship) it is highly likely you will travel . . . .for our group it seems to be where getting placed 1 to 3 hours from flagstaff. For the other clinicals you have the option of traveling or staying in Flagstaff. We have had some people that have needed to stay local and the teachers/staff have been willing to work with them. Also I know that sites can change from year to year, so my experience can be different than what happens next year.
The two big things I have learned this year are: I can do anything for a year and to roll with it/be flexible. Overall, I would have to say the teachers have been great and super supportive.
- 0Feb 15, '13 by rylin86Thank you so much jl31911! I really appreciate your insight! I'm getting so nervous with all the waiting. I live in Oregon so I would also have to move if I got in to NAU, I applied to 3 out of state and two in state so hopefully I end up here but I'd be fine going anywhere. Like you said... I can do anything for a year!!!
- 0Feb 16, '13 by dsb_famI got my letter today. I am on the alternate list and actually pretty happy about that. My husband and I have been going around about whether I want to do the accelerated or go traditional BSN through NAU. I have 5 children and want to be careful about how I affect their life with school. My plan is to prepare for both and see what shakes out. I am pretty sure that there will be applicants who will be accepted and choose another route, so I remain positive and excited about the potential for this next year. PS- also found out that admittance into their accelerated program is harder than their traditional route.
I hope you all made it!!!!!