NAU Accelerated BSN 2012 cohort - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 24, '12 by ec7855I had a 3.48, 82 on exam and 34 months of ER experience. I haven't gotten the mail today but it sounds like I should be pretty competitive.
- Feb 27, '12 by erlesoI had 3.8 in prerequisites, 90 or 92 on the Kaplan Test, and I have one IP (micro). I did my undergrad at UC Davis! I will miss San Francisco, but I am so excited for school. I love hiking/backpacking, so I am really excited to explore the area (if I have time).
- Mar 9, '12 by megpearlzSo I know it's only two months away but I just want to start already! How is everyone else doing?
- Mar 16, '12 by drucifHey everybody,
I'm in for May 2012. Very anxious to move over to Flag and start up! I figure this might be a good forum to meet some of my future classmates.
I'm coming over from Portland, Oregon. 28 years old. Male. Don't know a whole lot about Flag other than what people tell me (which is all good). I like to stay active outdoors, if anybody wants to trail run with me (or even trail-walk with me). And, I'm excited for my bar tabs to be cheaper, since Flag is at elevation
Anyway, I haven't a clue what I'm doing for housing. I would prefer a house over an apartment. I'm looking to live with maybe a few clean folks. And I'm hoping to bike to school, so within 3 miles would be preferred.
How about everybody else??
- Mar 20, '12 by erlesoHi,
Has anyone found housing yet? I would prefer to live walking distance to campus, and live with either other nursing students or graduate students...just no party animal undergrads! Saw some Craigslist ads for Hilltop Townhomes and Suites. Seemed nice and close to school.
- Mar 22, '12 by megpearlzI posted on craigslist and got a few responses but nothing concrete yet. There's alot of posts from younger students, which I'm weary of.
- Mar 26, '12 by chikadddPtown represent!
I, too, will be heading down from Portland in May. (Unless OHSU lets me in. I just called today, and we won't hear back from them until mid-April. What a dilemma!)
I lived in Flag from 2005-2009, so I'm pretty stoked to get back down there. Flagstaff is so awesome- trails, friendly folks, mountains and SUNSHINE! However, the beer isn't nearly as good down there, especially if you're used to Portland's microbrews! I'm planing on bringing some growlers with me.
I haven't figured out housing yet; I will likely just wing it at first, since I'm still waiting to hear from OHSU. I have some friends I can stay with when I get down there, but ideally I'd love to find a cheap house/apartment on the west side, close to downtown and campus. I'm very mellow and want to have a chill household because this program is very intense, but it'll be great to have some bbqs and beers when we have some downtime. I'm an avid runner and skiier, so would love to meet some active folks who want to check out Flag! Happy to show people around, too. There are some great trails I'm anxious to get back on!
If any of you want to talk about finding a house together, I'd be into it! I know the area really well, so I can help give input about neighborhoods, transportation, or general questions about Flagstaff, as you are considering your options!
There is an urban trail system that links the east-west side, if you're planning to bike commute. BUT, it's kind of a hike depending on where you are on the east side. West side is the place to be, just like you'll find in Bend, OR.
Congrats to all you new Lumberjacks out there!
- May 4, '12 by megpearlzHello again everybody,
I'm moving into my studio apartment this weekend and am super excited to 1) escape the Phoenix heat and 2) to get started on this already! Anybody else going to be ansy like me this week?