Moving to Arizonia - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 25, '09 by it's hot in phoenixOMG, that is painful, I'm so sorry! Prayers and hugs and the best of luck to you
- Oct 28, '09 by dh07RNQuote from plastic_cow28That makes me laugh... I've never heard anyone say they love Tucson. I'm in Tucson right now and the only thing great about it is my job at University Medical Center. Besides that, and the crappy job market, that's the only thing holding me back from moving.I feel sorry for those who hate living in Arizona! Wanna trade places?! I went to school there for 4 years and I absolutely loved living in Tucson. I moved back to Colorado so I could have in-state tuition for nursing school, but my heart is still in Tucson, Arizona!
I can't imagine that Tucson and Phoenix have a lot of nursing jobs available, though; the U of A's accelerated nursing program just cut its slots for nursing students by half because some of the hospitals where new grads get contracted to work at backed out of the program due to the economy.
However, if you're interested in rural areas, Yuma County has a nursing shortage of 1400. Rural areas are almost always neglected and could use extra help.
- Nov 6, '09 by quotetheravenJobs are tight here too, all over about the same. So many new grads, so few places wanting to take on the expense of training them. There is a waiting list here too, as far as I was told, one way or another at all the schools. Most of us have waited quite a while. You would be safest to have a job waiting on you, pretty scary to move to a new state, maybe without family or friends near by and not be able to find a job. Good idea to have enough cash in hand to support yourself for at least 6 months if it takes that long to find employment. Or to be able to get back home if things don't work out in AZ for you. That's my mother speech, Good luck to you.
- Nov 6, '09 by aztovaTucson is a love or hate city. It is a black hole that keeps sucking you back in. There are a few nice things about the place. I don't plan on going back there to live anytime soon.
- Dec 27, '09 by DesertwindRNWow. I moved from the midwest many years ago and the only regret is that I did not move to Arizona sooner. I love it here.
The job situation is so very awful but, living in this beautiful state is wonderful. I am so grateful to be here------even in the hottest part of the summer-----