GCU Summer 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- Mar 22, '12 by johnnyareiDid everyone get the email? Orientation is April 11th (9AM to 4PM)
- Mar 23, '12 by StoofanieYes I got it! I'm still anxious for them to put the actually schedule up for school :/ That way I can let people know my hours!
- Mar 23, '12 by johnnyareiI know! I'm trying to schedule my hours around school. I HAVE to work right now.
- Mar 24, '12 by futrnursekjLike you guys, I really NEED to work, but unfortunately I stopped working a few months ago due to some health problems. When I found out I got into school, I figured I might as well try NOT work for at least the first semester...not too sure about that. lol *fingers crossed*
The loan thing is starting to stress me out now too, esp since I have so many loans out from my first degree! Humph...
I met with the advisor last week, but nothing was really estabished. I guess he still wanted to verify a few things before we actually set anything up. At least they allow payment plans!
Both of you have the other advisor I assume, since you're in the St. Joes cohort??
- Mar 24, '12 by StoofanieYeah I have ------. He made me nervous by saying that I was one of his difficult students because of me already having loans out. I'm trying to do the stupid parent plus loan (my mom always gets denied because her income) but the site isn't working for GCU. I wish GCU wasn't so expensive.Last edit by dianah on Mar 25, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Mar 24, '12 by StoofanieHer denial means I get an independent loan from them...Which I should be able to do but I'm not 24. I hate the rules!
- Mar 24, '12 by johnnyareiI actually have ---- as my financial advisor. He has not been helpful at all. I owe so much in loans already for my first degree, that I REFUSE to take out any more! I signed up for the payment plan.
Even though I am looking forward to orientation, I wish it wasn't so long! 9-4! That's 7 hours. What can you possibly talk about for 7 hours? That's a long time!Last edit by dianah on Mar 25, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Mar 25, '12 by StoofanieI thought it was dumb that they won't provide lunch! I was like really I pay like 17000 a school year!! hahaha. Yeah my stupid loans worry me but I know I'll have a decent job!
- Mar 25, '12 by johnnyareiI was thinking the same thing! I told my husband, they're not even going to give us lunch - only snacks are provided! I don't want a snack, I want a meal. As much as we pay, we can't get a sandwich and some chips or something?! Lol. But, you take the good with the bad. I think I'm going to order my stethoscope today. I found one that I like. Its the Littman II SE. I found it for $64 online.
- Mar 25, '12 by StoofanieThe stethoscopes are so expensive! I think I'll order mine on my next pay check! then slowly order some books!