GCC/NAU Concurrent Program - page 6
by flutterby230 35,024 Views | 129 Comments
Hi, everyone I was accepted into the Concurrent Program at GCC in the fall but starts this summer with the NAU class. I was wanting to know if there was anyone else on here who got accepted? :) I hope everyone who wanted in... Read More
- 0Aug 27, '11 by coolblue2Sara J,
I got my letter too! I guess I am one of the 19 (funny, I immediately counted the recipients) on that email list you mentioned.
I am so excited I can't stand myself!! I worked my tail off this summer to finish up all classes and maintain my GPA and it definitely paid off.
Are you all signed up for NUR330??
- 0Aug 27, '11 by Sarah JThats awesome! I can't wait to meet everyone. I hope that I'm not the youngest one in the program... I waited to apply to NAU until I found out so I just barely applied this week and I think it takes a little bit of time to be admitted. As soon as I am admitted I plan on signing up for NUR330 right away!Last edit by Sarah J on Aug 27, '11
- 0Aug 27, '11 by coolblue2The youngest? oh geeze, I hope I'm not the oldest!! Ha!
I enrolled in NAU as soon as they announced the program, got my fin aid and everything set up. I didn't want anything holding up my application. The admission process went very quickly, it took them about a week to receive my transcripts, but it was not during a busy enrollment session as we are in now. Stay on top of them!
Have you contacted one of the extended campus nursing advisers? I emailed Stephanie Sinner and received a response right away.
- 0Sep 13, '11 by GabbymonkeyI was also accepted into the spring group and will be going to Gateway... I made it in with a 3.0 and didn't think that I was going to get in but I did I had all the pre-requisites done before I even applied because I was planning on getting my BN anyway and wanted to get some of the classes out of the way beforehand. Congrats everyone... See you on Sept 29th.
Also to those who are already taking the first NAU course how is it going? Any words of wisdom for those of use awaiting our first class.
- 0Sep 14, '11 by hope_fullHi,
I was wondering if anyone is actually registered for NUR 330 yet? I was accepted into the CEP at GCC and I had already applied and have been accepted into NAU, but when I check LOUIE I am still not registered for NUR 330. I sent ---- an email when I received my acceptance email into the program and she said that they were going to enroll everyone at once, but I am still not enrolled. The class schedule does show that 30 of the 80 spots are taken at the north valley extended campus. Has anyone bought their books yet?Last edit by dianah on Sep 14, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0Sep 14, '11 by GabbymonkeyI just received an email from the Maricopa nursing program saying that I was officially accepted on 09/13/2011.. I went to the nursing webpage and it said I had been placed... finally... There is a letter you have to sign and mail in or fax but the letter will be mailed to everyone as well. I think that after this letter is signed and sent in they will enroll us in the NUR330 class... Today I have to go to GWCC and get my cohort agreement signed to receive financial aid and then somehow get NAU to sign it but I'm not sure how that will work since I have never been to the north Phoenix NAU campus. I'm sure it will work out I still have time to get my ducks in a row.
- 0Sep 15, '11 by dgva81Gabby you will only be able to do financial aid at 1 school at a time. I'm going to GWCC in January and applying there. Any left over financial aid, i will use that to pay for the NAU class. That's what I'm doing this semester. I'm taking a class at Phoenix College (a just for fun class lol) and using left over aid to pay for nur330.Last edit by dgva81 on Sep 15, '11
- 0Sep 15, '11 by GabbymonkeyThat sounds a lot easier, they told me my financial aid had to go through my parent school which would be NAU... I was told to fill out a consortium agreement and have both schools sign it as soon as I was enrolled in classes at GWCC this spring. So I have to pay for NUR330 and wait untill January to pay for my other classes. I don't understand why NAU is the parent school when we take more credits through GWCC... Also I would like to know how to get my consortium agreement signed at NAU? Has anyone done this yet and did you go to the North Phoenix NAU campus to do it???