BIO 202 at RIO (online)? - page 4
I'm trying to decide if I should take BIO 202 online at RIO this summer. I checked out the mini syllabus and the mention of only 2 tests and essay questions kind of scared me off. Anyone taken it there? Was it really hard? ... Read More
- 0Nov 13, '09 by Cid13I've taken BIO 205 (Micro) and Bio 201 (A&P1) online through Rio. Currently, I'm taking Bio 202 (A&P2). Just finished the midterm.
I agree with others that this is a self taught class. If you have the time to dedicate to it and work hard to learn the concepts, you will get a good grade. For me, I learn visually and there's not much of that in these classes. For A&P, I look up short videos on the topics via youtube or watch the UC-Berkeley lectures. They are great!
I don't have the time with my job to take an in-person course (otherwise, I would have done so.) So, for those of you in the same boat that NEED to get these classes done, it's a great option.
Also, regarding the essay assignments, some teachers are tough graders and others aren't. That can really make a difference. Check out www.ratemyprofessors.com before registering. Sometimes there's feedback regarding the teacher. Good luck!
- 0Nov 17, '09 by KayLCan anyone recommend taking Bio 201 or Bio 205 first? Is it better to take one before the other or does it really matter? I saw a flow chart on the Estrella mountain community college website that says they recommend taking bio 205 first which kinds of bites because I have already registered for 201 there next semester and as we all know, classes fill up superfast! Any advice would be much appreciated!!:heartbeat
- 0Nov 18, '09 by KayLQuote from Cid13I am taking Bio 156 through Rio right now but I will be taking the rest at either Estrella or GCC, both in person. I feel I will grasp the rest better in person as I am not a huge fan of online science classes though I have a B now and will finish in 4 weeks. Thanks for the input!!KayL - Are you taking them online? Is this your first online class through Rio? If so, I'd suggest taking Micro (Bio 205) first since it's an easier class just so you get use to the online format. Otherwise, it doesn't matter which one you take first in my opinion.
- 0May 17, '10 by lankeaQuote from pediRN2bI know! So random! I was lucky I was getting an A in the class prior to the final. It was the final that killed me. I REALLY wanted an A in that class, as anatomy is my absolute fave subject and I was so excited to take the course. So, now I live with the B. There is just something wrong when the instructor tells you that nothing from the labs, quizzes, essays is going to be on the final so go back and re-read ALL of the chapters as the final will be taking random things from the text. The whole thing was just crazy. They don't even give you any focus points or anything to even give you an idea of what to study. It was really ridiculous. Like I said above, I loved my instructor, but the structure of the class was horrible. I am glad to see I am not the only one who had issues with it.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I literally came home in tears after that test. I missed my overall A by about 1 point as a result and am still having a hard time living with it. It really does say, "reread ALL the chapters" and gives you nothing to focus on. The midterm was pretty easy too so I was even more blind sided by the final.
So now I am registered to start Bio 202 there and am wondering if I should go somewhere else..? If it weren't for the crazy final I would have been fine with the class, so does anyone know if the final for 202 is just as random? Or is there an actual chance to get an A?
- 0Apr 16, '11 by redbkgiraffeWhich professors do those who have taken this course recommended? I took Bio 201 online at Rio and thought it was fair. I signed up for an 8 week course but am scared because of all the things I have read online... so I just switched to a 16 week courseLast edit by redbkgiraffe on Apr 16, '11