NJ nurse want clinic jobRegister Today!
- by milan2006 Jan 28, '12Hello, I was licensed in NJ March 2010 as a RN. I haven't had any nursing experience due to having a baby and then job market is tight. I would love to get a job in a doctors office. What is the best way to approach getting an office job. I would aprreciate any advice in this matter. Thanks
- Jan 28, '12 by Amanda.RNAll of the clinic job postings I have seen require at least 2 years of med/surg or related experience. It would be optimal to get some experience prior to working in a clinic setting because clinic nurses are expected to be very versed in basic medicine and chronic disease management; and they must know their medications, lab testing and result interpretation, and be able to present a lot of patient education. I have worked in a clinic setting for over 3 and 1/2 years, and I had almost 2 years of med/surg experience when I started at the clinic. There is no way I would have been able to be a clinic nurse without at least some basic experience. I am directly involved with the hiring process of nurses at our clinic, and we would not consider a nurse with no experience. That being said, I certainly don't mean to dishearten you, or discourage you from persuing what you'd like to do. I wish you all the best!
- Jan 28, '12 by andreasmom02Quote from milan2006I became an LPN in '08 & was in the exact same situation as you. I had another baby after graduating LPN school & couldn't work. I was out of work until this past November, when a lady I knew told me about an LPN in opening in the clinic she works at. She's a receptionist there, and told me I should apply for the job. It was for a part time position, which worked great for my schedule as a mom. I applied & got the job! I had no experince but they still hired me. I think the receptionist who knew me put in a few good words for me. I think starting out in a clinic setting has been a perfect fit for me. I'm learning a lot & work directly with doctors in our office. If that's what you want, they apply & try! If you know anyone working in a clinic setting, see if maybe they can put in a good word for you. Networking is what got me my job! Good luck!Hello, I was licensed in NJ March 2010 as a RN. I haven't had any nursing experience due to having a baby and then job market is tight. I would love to get a job in a doctors office. What is the best way to approach getting an office job. I would aprreciate any advice in this matter. Thanks
- Jan 28, '12 by milan2006Thank you for your feedback. I have worked in a doctor's office for 4 years before becoming a nurse and that's the environment I'm most comfortable. Unfortunately that office is laying off workers now so I can't go back there. I'm learning everyday, if given a chance I'm positive I will prevail.
- Jan 28, '12 by milan2006AT Andreasmom02 are you in NJ?