Waiting to hear from CACC - Page 11Register Today!
- Jul 13, '09 by texabamaI havent heard anything about Mr Young and open book. I know the tests that Waites and Woods gave were hard and I studied alot. Does she give study guides? Do you do notecards? I did that and it really helped, there are also a couple of websites that are good.
- Jul 13, '09 by korena001I have done everything. Her tests are not what she lectures on and sometimes she will tell us that something will not be on the test and it is. Hard is okay, but impossible to know what will be on the test is a whole other thing. I always go in thinking I have studied all I can and I know the info, but leave feeling very discouraged. I only have an C in there now and I am an A student. I am older at 44, so very conscientous about studying and really hard on myself. I am going to talk with her about her expectations and hopefully I can take her A&P I class with confidence as it is better for me, as far as schedule and being closer to home. I live close to Pell City in Riverside.
- Jul 13, '09 by texabamaI agree about talking to her to see what you could do. You sound like you are giving it your all as far as studying goes. What about people in your class , do you know any of them? Is anyone making an A? That is frustrating! I am your age, so I know how hard you are on yourself. I can say I never felt that way in Woods or Waites class.
- Jul 14, '09 by texabamaTide , did you hear anything?
- Jul 14, '09 by AChampion21korena001-Hey! I live in Pell City/Cropwell area! I had Dr. Young for A&P1. He wasn't a great teacher at all. He basically read straight from the workbook points each class. He did allow us to use our notes/books for the exam. That being said I still had to study like it wasn't open book. The people that came prepared for it to be open book would still fail the exam. I think for me it was just so much information crammed into an exam and the test questions were not great. Several times the questions were on material we didn't discuss. I would usually spot it and call him out on an exam. He was super nice about it and would omit the test question. He also is great about helping you if you don't understand something. Good luck to you.
- Jul 15, '09 by korena001Thanks for the info. I think I will take my chances with Dr. Young. Can you tell me what you made in his class?
Mrs. Perkins is just too hard. I study like crazy and am perfectly willing to do that for a good grade, but her questions on the test are just really worded to mess you up. I found out Mrs. Perkins taught at a Private school that is really hard to get into, Altamont, I think. It has all the extremely smart kids and I went to Public School! LOL!
- Jul 15, '09 by AChampion21I actually think they teach the same way and the tests are the same. If you know the material, and have the open notes it makes a huge help. I made an A in the class. There were only 15 students in the class and only 2 made A's. I am sure an A would be breeze for you since you study now. Good luck!
- Jul 15, '09 by korena001I just cannot win. I just found out Dr. Young will only be teaching A&PII this fall. I guess I will have to go to Childersburg and take Mr/Mrs. Doss. Does anyone know about this teacher?
- Jul 16, '09 by Cooper1Hey guys do you know when and what time your nursing orientation will be?
- Jul 16, '09 by texabamaHi, Orientation will be Aug 4-6 , 8 to 5